037 Rally Replica

Andyk

That looks like a lovely replica..Someone has spent a lot of time and love on that one.....

GeoffCapes

Oh for a lottery win!

There's a place in New Zealand that will build you one. Just need to find the doner car.

Emtee

I saw this car in the flesh at Stanford Hall. It's built by the guy's at Rally Legend Replica's and it is indeed a superb example. It was literally just MOt'ed ahead of the show and now just needs the suspension setting.

The front and rear 'cages' are a thing to behold, exact in every detail apparently and the Lancia Volumex engine is the same as mine, though they haven't tuned it as I have. The gearbox is Audi would you believe! The exhaust is custom. They think it weighs in at around 850 - 900 kilo's and they hope for 160bhp plus or minus a bit. They could easily have got more from the engine, but I think the build costs were getting a bit stupid, but with some head work and cam tuning the engine could give close on 200bhp with fabulous torque from the supercharger. The only thing they haven't done that I would have is install a pre-oiler and effective oil cooling, but I think they wanted to keep it period.

Needamaser

Know a guy in Italy who has the real deal and a Stratos amongst some other exotica in his garage.
There is a standing invitation for him to take me out for "fun" as he called it in a few of the cars.

StuartW

It sounds as good as it looks then Miles and NaM, you need to take up your friend on that offer - what an opportunity

Classico

For me personally, when it comes to Lancia, the Stratos is the be all and end all.

I'd have a nice replica of one of these in a heartbeat given the originals are untouchable.

Lancia_Stratos_HF_02.jpg