TPMS challenge

Nemcova

MOT coming soon, so going to have to get those failed TPMS sensors on my 2007 QP sorted.

The challenge? - who's done it cheapest for a solution that works and doesn't need replacing in 12 months??

MD thinks that £800 for the 4 is about right. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..........,
Cheers.

conaero

Forum Owner
One of my clients is a trade supplier of TPMS give me the part number and ill get them priced.

Nemcova

Hi, thanks for coming back on this. I'm sure that it's going to be an issue for lots of us soon.

I had an earlier reply from these guys who will supply and fit a complete new full set for £280, (slight improvement on MD £800 joke figure), including reset and balance. They're reasonably close to me and long established with good testimonials and the guy I spoke to was really helpful. I think by the time I've arranged fitting if I buy the sensors independently I'll probably spend about the same, so I think I'll go for this option, but I do really appreciate your help.

If anyone else is looking for TPMS fitting in the West Midlands area this is the note I got from Addison Tyres, you may want to consider them. I'll report back with the service results when I've had mine done.

Maserati
Quattroporte. Sport GT

Hi,
We can test and replace any faulty TPMS sensors with our new i-Sensors which can be cloned to match your exisiting sensors. These sensors are compatible with 99% of vehicles. We fit them to Mercedes, Audi, Bentley, Jaguar....
Cost per sensor is @£50, we need to remove refit then rebalance your tyre @£20. So cost per valve inc fitting is just £70.
You do not need to change all 4 sensors we can test them to see what the battery life is on them, you may just have one that is faulty?? We have plenty of sensors in stock so if you want them all replaced we can do so.
Please let me know if you would like to book your car in...

Best Regards Jason Addison

Addison Tyres Ltd

52A High Street, Princes End, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 9HP

Phone: 0121 557 4019

Email: sales@addisontyrecentre.co.uk

bigbob

Lots of tyre fitters are getting in on this now as it is going to be a big market in a few years time.

Does the Maserati system reset itself after driving for a while?

safrane

It will be a MOT fail soon if the TPMS is faulty...so yep big growth industry is aftermarket repairs and replacement

Guy

Unless I am mistaken, I believe from what I have read that TPMS testing will only apply to vehicles registered post 1/1/12.
Guy

Mr K

A careless tyre fitter broke one of mine and after some digging I found a source of the OEM sensors as fitted by Maserati & Ferrari. It's actually a German firm and service was great - they delivered direct to the folk refurbing my alloys.

My 2007 QP Sport GT needed the HUF BERU RDE001 here: http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/tpms/huf_beru_tpms_sensors
Although not shown in the picture, you do get a valve as well as the sensor.
Cost for 4 delivered is £260.29

Add £10-£20 per wheel for your local fitter to fit & re-balance. Call it £320?

Note that the car has aerials in each wheelarch, so there's no need to tell it which sensor is at which corner - it works it all out during calibration.