Spaced out

MAF260

Only a month later than the expected arrival!

Looking forward to the before and after shots - take plenty!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
In fairness the German supplier dicked about. FD were right on it and delivered very fast. Have a couple of before pics. Will post the after ones, er, after.

Hang on...

Andyk

really looking forward to seeing these on....The GT really needs the wheels pushed out and maybe a little lower...BUt then you know I think that Adam....Think it will bloody good.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Here you go. According to the box they are 18mm at the back and 15 at the front. And according to me it's just about right. I think you can get away with being a bit more aggressive with spacers on white, red or black GTs, but the Grigio Afieri needs to be a bit more subtle, and these seem to do the job.

Before:

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

... after:

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

... and during. I took the opportunity of drilling the filth out of the holes in the disks.

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

The spacers also came with a set of longer stainless bolts:

IMG_0057.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 301

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Luckily it needs new rear springs anyway, Andy - they tend to break but mercifully they're only about £70 for the pair. It can drop a bit the same time. Around 10-15mm rear and 5-10mm front (to even things out) should do it. :smile:

Andyk

Luckily it needs new rear springs anyway, Andy - they tend to break but mercifully they're only about £70 for the pair. It can drop a bit the same time. Around 10-15mm rear and 5-10mm front (to even things out) should do it. :smile:

Would you not fo FD springs Adam....Saw a car on these and it looked pretty good.

ChrisQP09

These look great. I was considering for my qp gt s which has the lowered stance. Any suggestions on mm?

How much was your labour mate?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Can you please post a shot from far away please thanks

Here's a before long-shot. Will take an after one later.

image.jpg

Would you not fo FD springs Adam....Saw a car on these and it looked pretty good.

The FD springs do seem good, Andy, and I don't doubt they'd bring some dynamic improvement. Trouble is, they're $1,200 plus shipping and import duties, so probably around £1k. That compared to £70 and screw down the lower base of the spring by 12mm should be an easy decision! Interesting FD's recommended ride height drop is 1" - double what I'm going for. They sell others, but it seems to me the Americans like their cars slammed more than we do.

These look great. I was considering for my qp gt s which has the lowered stance. Any suggestions on mm?

How much was your labour mate?

I did the spacers myself. Took about 90 leisurely minutes including drilling out the muck from the brake vent holes. Not sure what the labour will be for lowering it but I'm hoping it won't add much over getting the springs replaced. Note that it will need four-wheel alignment doing afterwards (but it needs that doing anyway).