Opening the boot without sounding alarm on GTS

Sham83

The manual suggests that you can open the luggage compartment while the car is locked and the alarm is activated. Apparently it will deactivate if you open and reactivate once you close it again. I am finding that this is not the case and I am triggering the alarm when I try! Any ideas on how to do this, some sort of vehicle setting perhaps?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Mine does the same. Well, it used to. Now it seems ok. It's possible I've changed a setting but more likely that I've been through a battery reset.

StuartW

Yes, mine was the same but was cured with the battery reset which I had to perform when attempting the satnav disc update

timpani

theres a setting in the menu on my QP that says independent opening of trunk, would have thought this is the one you need
once ticked allows button on key to open just the boot and close without alarm sounding

Sham83

Yep, ticked the same on the Gts but still not allowing me to!

How do you perform a battery reset? I presume it requires a code after for the media system to activate, which of course my dealer has still not provided ...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Just undo the earth lead from the battery, wait 15 minutes and reconnect it. You'll need to put the key in the ignition afterwards to prove you're legit, and after that things work as they should. That's my experience, anyway.

In any case you should get the codes from your dealer.

Sham83

Thanks.

I have a long list of things I am still chasing from the dealer!

Not had the best buyer's experience...

Doohickey

Velociraptor
My alarm goes off as well if I unlock the boot only off the key fob. I just unlock the whole thing now! I'll have a look and see if I can find the option in the menu suggested above.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I've had my car four years and never done that!

Status update: went to the car this morning and couldn't open the boot except with the button inside the car! Switched the trunk thing off again and you can use the handle but the fob button still sets the alarm off. Go figure. Italian quirkiness strikes again. I'll just stick to opening the whole car.

Sham83

Just undo the earth lead from the battery, wait 15 minutes and reconnect it. You'll need to put the key in the ignition afterwards to prove you're legit, and after that things work as they should. That's my experience, anyway.

In any case you should get the codes from your dealer.

I've been told that I don't need a code for the media system on the GT if battery is disconnected (there wasn't one provided when I bought the car and have been chasing the dealer) and should work as normal once reconnected. Is that correct, from your experience?

StuartW

I've been told that I don't need a code for the media system on the GT if battery is disconnected (there wasn't one provided when I bought the car and have been chasing the dealer) and should work as normal once reconnected. Is that correct, from your experience?

That's what I understand too, I believe the only code is the key code which is on a separate card and is referred to in the manual and which is important that you keep.
I have carried out battery resets when struggling to load the sat nav update discs and did not need to enter a code. Also, my NIT froze and still I didn't require a code