Northamptonshire owners meet?

MrCoop

Now that I've finally got myself a car, all I want to do is find an excuse to drive it and meet up with other owners. I know there are a few of us in the Northamptonshire/Bucks area, would be good to meet up. Open to suggestions re dates, places etc.

drewf

we do regular meets at The Orchard and The Ace, they are not too far fro you

There's more (soooo much more) to the country than London London London, Dem. It's possibly the worst place in the UK to take a car.

G

Guest 1678

Up for it - Corby way, so East side of Northamptonshire (or North Londonshire, as the advertising gurus would have us call it!)

drewf

There's MITCar at Deene Park near Corby on the 16th August - will be going to that.

alfatwo

How about somewhere around Leamington Spa or Warwick.....theres some very nice places around there and you don't have to pay 10 quid for a starter!

Dave

Zep

There's MITCar at Deene Park near Corby on the 16th August - will be going to that.

I'd be up for a meet here. Hopefully better than Stamford hall a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D Walker

If it was like the Northern part of Northhamptonshire I could possibly manage it.

Corby would be ok I think!

Dave

Gixerboy

I'm up for a regular Northants / Mids meet, We are well represented

I would suggest Rockingham Castle with a Run to Melton Mobray / Rutland, returning to Uppingham Town Square, For a Pint & tyre kicking??

If we can agree a Day of the week / end that works for the Majority the exact location can follow.??

Thoughts

Maseratiman

My inlaws are in Oundle, so can drop off wife & little boy and go to a meet. I'd be in? Weekends good with me. Either day.

drewf

I would suggest Rockingham Castle with a Run to Melton Mobray / Rutland, returning to Uppingham Town Square, For a Pint & tyre kicking??

If we can agree a Day of the week / end that works for the Majority the exact location can follow.??

Thoughts

Sounds good to me. Parking in Uppingham not usually easy though...

Went to school there :)

C

I had no idea! Do you recall James Britton? Approximately the same age as you I believe.

CatmanV2

Sounds good to me. Parking in Uppingham not usually easy though...

I had no idea! Do you recall James Britton? Approximately the same age as you I believe.

Well, you never asked:) Yes, I recall him. Same year, different house (Grafton I think). You know him? I've not seen him since 1988

C

CatmanV2

Cousin - he's a consultant dermatologist now.

Ahhh! Just checked him on LinkedIn. He's changed rather a lot.

Mined ewe, we've all passed a lot of water since then. I very *very* much doubt anyone from Oundle would recognise me. **** family who didn't see me for 10 years didn't :)

C

MrCoop

Thoughts

Something a little less East of the county might encourage a few others to join in, perhaps Market Harborough way being a fair compromise?

As for me, I'd be happy to come over towards Corby way. Late afternoons most days work for me or weekends. I'm away last two weeks in August, so can make anything organised for before the 19th or anything after that. I'd be gutted if you do something while I'm away!

Roger

I would be interested, date & time permitting.

Sundays are best for me.

Cheers Roger

Parptoot

I was thinking it was about time we organised another Banburyshire meet.

That worked well last time, and the location was close enough but did allow for a drive out.

There's more (soooo much more) to the country than London London London, Dem. It's possibly the worst place in the UK to take a car.
Totally agree.