Black Leather Dye

StuartW

Having cleaned up the alcantara on my steering wheel, I need to address the perforated leather sections of the wheel which have worn away in certain areas. I guess it needs to be dyed and then brought back to life with a shine, so does anyone have a recommendation on which product would be best to use for this?
Many thanks all

jluis

Try the furniture clinique.
They offer a great support service and will color match any leather color if needed.

CatmanV2

Or Woolies. Semi permanent. I suspect you'll need to have it recovered for much better

C

StuartW

Thanks guys - a great shout on Woolies too - what do you know, they're only 15 minutes from where I live so I'll pay them a visit
Cheers

CatmanV2

Thanks guys - a great shout on Woolies too - what do you know, they're only 15 minutes from where I live so I'll pay them a visit
Cheers

Did my driver's bolster before Modena last year. While it was never perfect, it show's little sign of needing doing again just yet

C

conaero

Forum Owner
Woolies Trim (Google it) conolising fluid.

There is only one shade of black.

Dont bother with the finishing paste.

Alternatively a permanent marker might work maybe???

StuartW

Woolies Trim (Google it) conolising fluid.

There is only one shade of black.

Dont bother with the finishing paste.

Alternatively a permanent marker might work maybe???

Thanks Matt, I'm going to pop over to see Woolies - as it turns out, they're 15 minutes from me

StuartW

Having visited Woolies who are a lovely bunch, they told me that none of their products were suitable for a steering wheel as the dye would come off on hot hands but they too recommended The Furniture Clinic. I bought a tub of their re-colouring balm and it has worked a treat so cheers Jorge for the tip

jluis

Having visited Woolies who are a lovely bunch, they told me that none of their products were suitable for a steering wheel as the dye would come off on hot hands but they too recommended The Furniture Clinic. I bought a tub of their re-colouring balm and it has worked a treat so cheers Jorge for the tip

Glad it worked out for you.
I bought a colouring kit from them to try to revive old seats in my old trusty Volvo.
Will let everyone know how it goes