Got my windscreen fitted in my 3200 finally

beau

So yes finally, after about a dozen companies looking at it, going to call back, etc etc, just kept hitting a brick wall.

I found a place in Chelmsford in the end, called ccs windscreens, and well the guys there were excellent, I said I wanted to keep the metal trim, and they said no problem, and about 2 hours later it was done !

So yeah it's booked into body shop to have a few things finished and then finally it really should be done!

conaero

Forum Owner
Congrat Beau thats excellent news.

I have a pair of gransport bumpers for sale, interested???

beau

Congrat Beau thats excellent news.

I have a pair of gransport bumpers for sale, interested???

How much? Probably too much for me though to be honest- but why do you have them for sale?

Did anything ever happen in regards to people getting reproduction skirts made?

beau

Yeah I had a screen and the metal trim, but the rubber no longer available, and no one was really interested in helping me ( for a reasonable price anyway) this place I went was very cheap, I done a deal with them and it virtually cost me nothing

conaero

Forum Owner
How much? Probably too much for me though to be honest- but why do you have them for sale?

Did anything ever happen in regards to people getting reproduction skirts made?

I am after a grand for the pair complete with GS chin spoiler but to you as you have had a tough time ill let you have them £850.

That would make for one stunning car. I got offered them so i took them.

jluis

Yeah I had a screen and the metal trim, but the rubber no longer available, and no one was really interested in helping me ( for a reasonable price anyway) this place I went was very cheap, I done a deal with them and it virtually cost me nothing

So they cut a rubber to fit on your windscreen?
That's a nice service.

beau

Contigo

Sponsor
Is that another AC to bite the dust? Can you get the serial number Beau then we can update the AC register?

Also well worth asking if the ARB's are available too as they are a very worthy upgrade to the standard car.

macaroni

Good work. I think I got Autoglass' last rubber trim in the entire country when I had a new screen fitted in mine.

God knows what will happen to cracked windscreens in the future. The next SM forum fabrication?

MAF260

The rubbers come as part of the screen, but are not sold separately. Autoglass source their screens directly from Maserati.

macaroni

They did get sent a screen initially, with surround, but it was damaged in transit and couldn't get hold of another.

They had a "bald" screen as I understand that earlier ones came without the surround fitted. Is this true?

Either way, it was a right ball-ache and I hope it doesn't go again!