Watches again

Wack61

I've got to be honest, they do nothing for me, I'd sooner spend the same on a used Swiss watch that a badge

rossyl

I agree.

I buy a Maserati car, because they make good cars.
I buy a Swiss watch, because they make good watches.

Most of the car branded ones tend to look too blingy for me. Also, some of the Ferrari watches are just quartz watches with a fancy face.

StuartW

You've got to love a Breitling, such quality & class - I have a 1970 chronomatic which I believe was the first ever automatic chronograph. It's a beast with a slide rule bezel which looks a little like big ben on my small wrist but I love it all the same

CatmanV2

I suspect the Maserati ones do actually have Swiss movements, but I could be wrong.

FF, that seems an unreasonable number of Breitlings :)

C

Classico

Have a Maserati watch with a quartz movement. Nice materials and finish for what it is.

Have a few Panerai, U-Boat and a Montblanc Timewalker.

All very classic and clean dials.

steamer

I have a superocean heritage chrono 46 like that but with black dials and bezel. Thought I hated the bracelet in pictures but its lovely in the metal. Wears so much smaller than some of the other large watches.

drewf

I suspect the Maserati ones do actually have Swiss movements, but I could be wrong.

FF, that seems an unreasonable number of Breitlings :)

C

Au contraire... four is precisely the correct and reasonable number of Breitlings for a gentleman to own :)

steamer

Its funny, normally if it hasn't got an engine I'm really not interested. However, I do like watches. Don't really know why.

outrun

I've a Seamaster Chrono and a Glycine Incursore Black Jack as well as a lovely, high quality, but fake Panerai. I really want a genuine Panerai but just can't bring myself to write the cheque. I also have a FitBit which is worn more than any of the proper watches !!

I love mechanics and anything well engineered so I think it's only natural to love watches as well as cars and bikes. Precise and well crafted and it will appeal to me.

zagatoes30

Watches have to have proper mechanical movements, IMO - I love the idea of cogs and springs and stuff working together to keep time.

Breitling Chronomat - Alfa Romeo - Circa 1996
Omega Seamaster - Basic Model - Circa 1978
Rolex Oyster Perpetual - Circa 1961

Always looking but the Spyder keeps eating the funds

MrCoop

Watches have to have proper mechanical movements, IMO - I love the idea of cogs and springs and stuff working together to keep time.

Couldn't agree with this more. I can't stand quartz watches.

I've a Seamaster as a daily, a De Ville Chrono dress watch and a Rolex Daytona. Seriously considering swapping out the Daytona for a Day Date but haven't hit my 'targets' yet, so may have to wait a while longer. The dream is to own an AP but there's a serious amount of work to do before I can treat myself to that!

Contigo

Sponsor
I agree about the mechanical part but not wearing them often is a PITA as they need to be set all the time!