Watches again

CatmanV2

It appears that someone at our local cash converters has certain blind spots around watch prices.

Just nabbed a Luminox Mariner, totally brand new, for £150.

They also have a Christopher Ward RAF C70 for cheap. Although the Battle of Britain is over priced at £199

How sad

C

GeoffCapes

It appears that someone at our local cash converters has certain blind spots around watch prices.

They also have a Christopher Ward RAF C70 for cheap. Although the Battle of Britain is over priced at £199

How sad

C

Nice spot! Piccys?
I've just been contemplating the purchase of an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean, however, it would mean that my Maser purchase would be put back.
And I think I want the Maser more! Although the watch is 20% of the price!

Edit. Don't the cheapest Luminox's go for 5-600 quid? What a bargain!

CatmanV2

Nice spot! Piccys?
I've just been contemplating the purchase of an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean, however, it would mean that my Maser purchase would be put back.
And I think I want the Maser more! Although the watch is 20% of the price!

Edit. Don't the cheapest Luminox's go for 5-600 quid? What a bargain!

Not of mine, but

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...minox-mariner-6250-series-a-6265-watch-lu-197

Yes.

Nice piece of everyday wear in the pool, and the benefit of the light tubes :)

They have some Omegas in as well. I'm going to have to do some digging.

C

MrCoop

That is a bargain Chris, well spotted! They retail for at £450.

If it's not a prestige brand, most people don't know what to sell them for.

Saying that, I was in a pawn brokers a few months back and he had a lovely Tudor Prince Submariner, mint condition with papers but no box, for about £2,000. Normally goes for in excess of £4,000. Would only take cash for it though (alarm bells should have started ringing) and I didn't have access to that sort of money then and was miles away from home, so missed out on it..

GeoffCapes

Not of mine, but

http://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...minox-mariner-6250-series-a-6265-watch-lu-197

Yes.

Nice piece of everyday wear in the pool, and the benefit of the light tubes :)

They have some Omegas in as well. I'm going to have to do some digging.

C

Nice watch that. I'm beginning to think that my trust Seiko Kenetic needs upgrading. Nice for an every day watch.
But like most blokes, we always want something a little nicer, especially when it comes to cars, watches, wome... nooooooo won't go there! lol!

D Walker

Good spot,
I was after a Seamaster or a Breitling Super Avenger but then when I was thinking its 3/4k why don't I buy a few middle of road watches that I like so bought a Glycine, Stowa and am on the look out for a couple of more unknown but good looking brands. Presently have an eye on a couple..

jluis

How sad

C

That means the poor sod who sold it only got £75 for the watch ...
Good deal for you tough

Contigo

Sponsor
Would more than likely have been a stolen good if in cash converter and new. C Ward at anything under £300 are a real bargain!

Classico

Just bought a Panerai 312.

Happy days.

Wish they had a Maser themed watch. They have Ferrari but no point buying one of those personally.

BHAB2Z-A79218021000_522206f6d9b4d.jpg

Wack61

In 2003 I bought an omega sea master bond ltd edition in a local jewelers , it was up for £750, I went in expecting to pay that but the assistant said it's a commission sale, I'll give him a ring , she came back and said you can have it for £650, box and papers , bargain, it's worth 3x that now

It's always worth a look in cash converters , I bought a Gedore 75mm spanner for £25 , RRP is £510

One day I'll find a 75mm nut that wants doing up

D Walker

I saw my lottery watch today which was the only Rolex I would buy. Yachtmaster2. Until then there is a Tudor heritage I quiet fancy!

Wack61

I've got a nice Bond Ltd Edition Omega Seamaster Die Another Day watch I'm thinking of selling , I'm loathe to put it on eBay but it's where the best money is

There's one advertised as new for 3k which hasn't sold but I'm finding it difficult to find one that's sold to get an idea of value

If I do sell it I'll be adding the money to my Maserati budget

Wack61

I think it's probably worth around £2500 to the right collector because it's in the box with all the papers and a receipt but it's looking like it's going to be eBay when it goes

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Pah! True James Bond watch is a Seiko, identical to mine below, before 'marketing' got involved!

Attachments

• 2014-02-07 17.03.58.jpg
    2014-02-07 17.03.58.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 25
  • $_12 (1).JPG
    $_12 (1).JPG
    21 KB · Views: 92

Wack61

Can't disagree , as I've got older I've started to appreciate everything classic , you can tell when you're getting older, when you spot an attractive woman and a small child runs up shouting grandma grandma.

The watch I wear the most is my grandads 30 years service gold watch awarded to him in 1969