Supercar Saturday - Castle Combe - October 31st 2015

Alfa Muppet

ALFA MUPPET
It looks a great example of a Sud and is reviving some good memories of the 70's for me 'cos I had 2 Ti's along with 2 'ornery ones, one was in that green.
Welcome onboard to your friend :)
Can you print off an extra paddock pass please and get it to your buddy?

Thanks for the OK - I will print an extra pass and we will try to be there before 9

luckesGTV6

Hi Guys,

Hoping you all have a safe journey tomorrow.

You're probably wondering about the Autoslalom prizes I was posting about earlier.

This is restricted to SportsItalia members only.
Prepare for sharp intakes of breath followed by WOW!

Some brand new Haute couture corporate paddock wear.

To the fastest times for both Alfa and Maserati :- I spanking new French made Paddock jacket by Clique with 'Smartnav' embroidered logo.

To the fastest time of day by a member. Genuine 'Michelin' executive backpack and cap in corporate colours.

Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Don't forget your cameras.

Ciao!

safrane

Looks like you have been blessed with the weather. I did the event in the last three Masers and it always rained in the morning.

Have a great day...and don't spin it at Quarry like I did in 2009...almost wet myself!

Andyk

Di go along with the boys...The three Maserati looked great parked together...Didn't see anyone though.....apart from some of my old Lotus mates. A good event for charity this one but perhaps calling it Supercar Saturday is a tad miss leading...More like Japfest with a splattering of others.....

Will say though always good to see those mad drifters going around. The boys loved it......and yes Pete the weather was lovely...

Phil H

perhaps calling it Supercar Saturday is a tad miss leading...More like Japfest with a splattering of others....

Many, many, moons ago it was better supported with race cars and guest drivers such as John Surtees, and it has dropped off somewhat.

I only had time for a short visit, though not in the Mas, and bagged a few pics:

6.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

PH

lisknik

Missed that, was down the other end. Man that looks bad, he went back out on track in the afternoon :)

SteveM

Good to meet eveyone attending though a shame to miss both Andy (again) and Phil. If anyone is interested, the Fulvia 1600 HF Rally car is being regretably put up for sale.

Phil H

It wasn't too bad; a lot of the 'smoke' was extinguishant boiling off when someone got a little carried away with a fire bottle. I followed the car as it was driven away from the circuit so assume that any damage is relatively superficial.

PH

luckesGTV6

Hi Guys,

First of all all a big 'thank you' to those who prepped and brought along their cars for display.
There seemed to be quite a lot of interest in our cars.

Another 'thank you' to the Bath Motor Club who gave us a seamless interface with their stand and kindly parked a Lancia and Maserati on our boundary.
I think that the arrangement worked well for all concerned with 9 Beautiful Italian cars on display.

Hope that the cars we expected but which didn't make it weren't zapped en route by mechanical gremlins.

On a personal note, it was great to meet and put a face to fellow forum members, some unfortunately I missed.
Sadly my GTV was sulking all day and after a tranquil drive to the circuit tried to assassinate me ontrack for fitting a brace of new front tyres with tread on them.
I use barely road legal tyres normally for track days (faux 'slicks').
Just before the passenger rides it closed it's boot with the keys inside and,worse still, my sandwiches!
It took the combined efforts of SportsItalia members, the Subaru stand guys next door and two of the circuit vans/engineers and about 2 hours to sort it out. THANKS GUYS!!!!
At the eleventh hour I was able to do a few passenger runs but the car wanted to go grazing so I gave it a harsh talking to and parked back with the others but it got it's own back on the way home by taking me twice through 'pedestrian only after 6pm' zones in Gloucester.
That'll be 2 hefty fines to look forward to!! :broke:

Despite all this it was an enjoyable day. I saw two hens teeth amongst the many cars. A Royale 'Sabre' Gentlemans sports car and an old creation of 45 years ago, a Lotus 7 series 4.

A few more pix for those who missed it.DSCN0492.jpgDSCN0493.jpgDSCN0494.jpgDSCN0496.jpgDSCN0497.jpgDSCN0498.jpgDSCN0499.jpgDSCN0500.jpgDSCN0501.jpgDSCN0502.jpgDSCN0503.jpgDSCN0504.jpgDSCN0505.jpgDSCN0506.jpgDSCN0509.jpgDSCN0510.jpgDSCN0511.jpgDSCN0512.jpgDSCN0513.jpgDSCN0514.jpgDSCN0515.jpgDSCN0516.jpgDSCN0517.jpgDSCN0518.jpgDSCN0519.jpgDSCN0520.jpgDSCN0521.jpgDSCN0522.jpgDSCN0523.jpgDSCN0525.jpgDSCN0526.jpgDSCN0528.jpgDSCN0529.jpgDSCN0530.jpgDSCN0531.jpgDSCN0532.jpgDSCN0533.jpgDSCN0534.jpgDSCN0535.jpgDSCN0536.jpgDSCN0537.jpgDSCN0538.jpgDSCN0539.jpgDSCN0540.jpgDSCN0541.jpgDSCN0543.jpgDSCN0544.jpgDSCN0545.jpgDSCN0546.jpgDSCN0547.jpgDSCN0549.jpgDSCN0550.jpgDSCN0551.jpgDSCN0552.jpgDSCN0554.jpgDSCN0555.jpgDSCN0556.jpgDSCN0557.jpgDSCN0558.jpgDSCN0559.jpgDSCN0560.jpgDSCN0562.jpg

Hey, ALFA MUPPET I see you tried to do a 'selfie' in Nicks bonnet. You really need one of those stick thingies!! :)

Great they raised that much dosh. About the same as last year I think, just over the 10K mark.

Sorry I didnt see you Andy. :(

As you can see in the Autoslalom picture there were no Alfa or Maseratis which posted times so I keep the prizes! :)

Alfa Muppet

Hey, ALFA MUPPET I see you tried to do a 'selfie' in Nicks bonnet. You really need one of those stick thingies!! :)

:)

LuckesGTV6 - it was my oldest, Josh who took the pics, wish I still had a head of hair like his and I never got a Blue Peter badge:lol2:

luckesGTV6

LuckesGTV6 - it was my oldest, Josh who took the pics, wish I still had a head of hair like his and I never got a Blue Peter badge:lol2:

Wish I got mistaken for my son more often!
Silly me for not spotting the Blue Peter badge, a dead give-away.

An interesting photo though, your lad may have talent. :)
Not easy to get a good photo in the afternoon sun.