Ghibli TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

outrun

I've managed to source a set of really lovely 18" Vulcano alloys from a Ghibli S sQ4 which I'll be using with winter tyres. The design is much nicer than the standard wheel, to my eyes, and they are a bit of a find as of course not many cars either have these removed already or actually, have these specced at all. They are only standard on the 4 wheel drive version which is LHD only so pretty rare in the UK.

Vulcano

zam57rtaxe1088885-4.jpg

Standard Alfieri Wheel

mxiu2dxXT98pQ3ZE2xnri1g.jpg

Trouble is, they are not coming with the TPMS sensors. I believe they are the valve mounted type, does anybody know of a good price supplier for these other than Eurospares?

Cheers

safrane

If I recall a member posted recently about a place in the Midlands that could fit them on a QP inc calibration with the on-board computer

bigbob

The man that runs the tyre fitting/hotel place that I use claims to be able to get generic tyre sensors that fit any car for about £50 ea fitted. Maybe try someone local to you or PM me if you want the contact details.

outrun

Winter wheels and tyres installed today. The car now looks under wheeled compared to my usual 21" Titanio alloys but the ride has already improved on the smaller wheels ! It was 19deg here today but the morning have been 3deg and i'm away next week so I figured that the weather will change by the time i'm back and this was my best chance to get this done, time wise.

Total cost for the wheels and tyres is:-

4 x correct MGT tread Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 in 275 rear and 235 front profiles £814 (Tyreleader)
4 x 433Mhz pressure sensors from TPMS Warehouse £216
1 x installation £48
4 x Maserati Vulcano 18" alloys from Ghibli S (Staggered rears which is different from the diesel) approx £200 (I know!!)
1 x delivery of wheels from USA £120

So in total it has cost me £1398 for the set. Considering the main dealer was looking for £2600 on the standard Alfieri alloys, I'm pleased with this. I expect to get 3 winters out of them and it also has the bonus of keeping my tyre insurance intact which may come in handy.

Result.

bigbob

That's a good value option. Personally I just transfer winter/summer tyres over on the factory rims but I understand why you have done it this way. My winter's will go on next month for season five but I only do under 3000 miles in the Maser each winter.

outrun

Done solely because 21" winters are both expensive and simply can't perform as well as smaller tyres with more sidewall. Otherwise, i'd have been happier with the larger wheels as they look awesome!

bigbob

Yep, I 'only' have 20" wheels. Still four years ago I had to phone Pirelli UK HQ and beg for a set of SottoZeros.