Maserati 3200 GT buying guide.

Potakas

Hi all,

First post here, I've been around for almost a year since I started looking to buy a 3200 GT (I am based in Greece and it is difficult to find good examples, especially after the 2010-2015 crisis) , this model was the iconic car of my teenage era and I was committed on acquiring one.

Finally I found one that seems to be in a pristine condition and this week we will take it to the Maserati dealership for a final check from their mechanics. It is 3200 GT AC manual with only 17k kms. The car unfortunately hasn't moved the last 3 years because the owner passed away so I am still holding on, on my enthusiasm.

Because I cannot retrieve many data from the Greek market, could someone please tell me at what premium the AC models were selling new in the UK market ?

Also, I have tried on reaching our to Maserati Classiche to understand if they will eventually start producing spare parts for the older models (notably the throttle body for the 3200gt) but I was unable to get any replies. I was sending my email to the following address maserati.classiche@maserati.com, is there another address that anyone could direct me to, in order to check with them directly.

Second question is, if anyone has a brochure from back then, related with the AC models, I cannot figure our what were the options and standard equipment for these cars.

My aim is to keep this car at pristine condition and then send it over to Modena for certification, so, I really want to be able to keep it operational without modifications.

You all deserve a congratulations for the extremely knowledgable content in this Forum, thank you.

Panagiotis

James3200GTA

Not sure it's a critical point on all 3200s, but the radiator support cross member at the bottom of the engine bay of mine is in a sorry state. Looks good from underneath the car but is corroded in between the radiator and the support.

Only telltale was a bit of corrosion muck visible when looking down along the fan cover in the engine bay with a flash light.
Replacing it involves removing all the rads.

davy83

Hi all,

First post here, I've been around for almost a year since I started looking to buy a 3200 GT (I am based in Greece and it is difficult to find good examples, especially after the 2010-2015 crisis) , this model was the iconic car of my teenage era and I was committed on acquiring one.

Finally I found one that seems to be in a pristine condition and this week we will take it to the Maserati dealership for a final check from their mechanics. It is 3200 GT AC manual with only 17k kms. The car unfortunately hasn't moved the last 3 years because the owner passed away so I am still holding on, on my enthusiasm.

Because I cannot retrieve many data from the Greek market, could someone please tell me at what premium the AC models were selling new in the UK market ?

Also, I have tried on reaching our to Maserati Classiche to understand if they will eventually start producing spare parts for the older models (notably the throttle body for the 3200gt) but I was unable to get any replies. I was sending my email to the following address maserati.classiche@maserati.com, is there another address that anyone could direct me to, in order to check with them directly.

Second question is, if anyone has a brochure from back then, related with the AC models, I cannot figure our what were the options and standard equipment for these cars.

My aim is to keep this car at pristine condition and then send it over to Modena for certification, so, I really want to be able to keep it operational without modifications.

You all deserve a congratulations for the extremely knowledgable content in this Forum, thank you.

Panagiotis
I would have thought there are parts which we cannot get at any cost like timing chains, and other engine rebuild parts that we will need more urgently than the throttle body, which we can rebuild and repair. I am actually quite optimistic that the parts that looked like they might grind running a 3200 to a halt are appearing, there are a few sources for the suspension arms now, and Bilstein have stepped up to refurbishing the shocks, so its improving. Would still like to know i can replace the timing chains.