Maserati Owners Club Of Australia

VMSRTI

A great day out with fellow car enthusiasts.
Started off with breakfast by the beach and then Toured 3 workshops (One was full of advertising memorabilia, a restorer of veneered dashes, and a metal work/fabrication workshop. All were fascinating!) and finished off with lunch.
Oh and the weather was just perfect!
Here are some of the cars that attended.

I didn't know it when I sat down but one of the gentlemen at the table I sat at, went by the name of Reg Hunt. Maserati racing car driver in the 50's.

IMG_2969.jpgIMG_2970.jpgIMG_2971.jpgIMG_2972.jpgIMG_2974.jpgIMG_2975.jpgIMG_2977.jpgIMG_2979.jpgIMG_2980.jpgIMG_2981.jpgIMG_2982.jpgIMG_2983.jpgIMG_2985.jpgIMG_2987.jpgIMG_2991.jpgIMG_2994.jpgIMG_2998.jpgIMG_2999.jpgIMG_3001.jpgIMG_3003.jpgIMG_3006.jpgIMG_3045.jpgIMG_3004.jpgIMG_3009.jpg

VMSRTI

Indeed. There were quite a few others which I didn't get around to photographing but if anyone else took pics please feel free to add.
I will also post a few pics from the workshops we attended.

BL330

Wow George, that's what I call a good day.
Great photos, thanks for sharing.

jluis

Some of that old metal on your photos look like they are fresh out of the factory!

Wack61

Some beautiful cars there , it must have sounded like thunder when they were running

VMSRTI

Felix, I don't think I met you.
Judging by your avatar, yours must have been the (only) black gransport there?

FelixV

Yes the black GranSport was mine.

Unfortunately because there were so many people there, I found it quite hard putting some faces to names!

I would also like to say that your Granito GS is just beautiful!

Vincere

Great photos George!

Was a good day, the quality of cars that turned up was quite impressive, and that workshop with all the memorabilia was amazing!

VMSRTI

Great photos George!

Was a good day, the quality of cars that turned up was quite impressive, and that workshop with all the memorabilia was amazing!

Vince I didn't get yours! If you took a pic on the day send it to me and I will edit the post to add it.

The memorabilia was amazing. You would need half a day to see it all though.

VMSRTI

Yes the black GranSport was mine.

Unfortunately because there were so many people there, I found it quite hard putting some faces to names!

I would also like to say that your Granito GS is just beautiful!

Thanks Felix that's very kind of you.

There was only a small number of our usual Maserati Oz chat group present. Most of these guys I had never met before.
It will be interesting to see how this new club goes and what direction it takes. I'll look out for you next time and will say hello.

KRG489

Hi George, I haven't logged into SM for ages, so I've only just seen these photos - I was gutted when I realised I couldn't go on that run, and now I'm feeling even worse! 8( It looks like it was an awesome day out... oh well, next time hopefully. Cheers, Robert

VMSRTI

Hi George, I haven't logged into SM for ages, so I've only just seen these photos - I was gutted when I realised I couldn't go on that run, and now I'm feeling even worse! 8( It looks like it was an awesome day out... oh well, next time hopefully. Cheers, Robert

That just reminded me Robert, I got an email whilst I was in Phuket last week asking if I wanted to attend the next one which is next Sunday. Haven't replied as it completely escaped me and not sure I am available. Are you going?

VMSRTI

Yes Felix but my car is going into Maranello on Monday for a service as its the only day next week I can get it there and then they take off to NZ for a race meet on Wednesday so I wont have a car until the following week.