Cheap cat D GS on eBay

Gp79

Had a look at this GS today as was passing.

Looks unloved, all wheels need refurbish, scuffs on front bumper, rubber seals perished in places, needed a good wash too!

Then there is the repair, rear bumper doesn't sit that well and boot is out of alignment, not surprising going by the before photos, plus non GS back boxes and everything else you can't see.

Hard to see it finding a buyer for 16.5k, I wonder how much longer it will hang around.

MAF260

It will end up wrapped and pimped then written off again by some chave.

Good. Bad cars always end up in the scrapper eventually. A shame it was 'fixed' on the cheap, could have been a decent project/repair for somebody.

StuartW

A sad way to treat such a special car, I can't see it being saved properly - as has been said, it will only be further downhill from now I fear

Gp79

Yes a real shame, quite depressing to see like that.

At least there will be less supply of remaining good GS...

leeq61

I also went and had a look at this last month as was interested to see what the repair quality was like and to see if it was one i could possibly spend some time over the winter and save it (At the right price).....it wasn't great.
The paint was off colour on the bumper and the alignment with the wing and the parking sensor wiring hadn't been secured properly underneath and was left dangling, boot was off alignment and had a gap with the wing bigger on the right hadn side than the left,
no rear GS boot spoiler, the 4200 back boxes hadn't been welded on great. Wheels were dreadful and the guys at the dealership said he wont be letting it go for anything less than £15,500 as they spend more than that buying it in. Then i asked if he had any idea who undertook the repairs and if they had any old parts that had been taken off - response was "We bought it repaired and no we dont know the repair history".

So its sad to say and i agree with the above comments this will more than likely end up being broken for parts

Had a look at this GS today as was passing.

Looks unloved, all wheels need refurbish, scuffs on front bumper, rubber seals perished in places, needed a good wash too!

Then there is the repair, rear bumper doesn't sit that well and boot is out of alignment, not surprising going by the before photos, plus non GS back boxes and everything else you can't see.

Hard to see it finding a buyer for 16.5k, I wonder how much longer it will hang around.

StuartW

That sounds like a real bodge - what a shame and if they are not going to budge on that price, it looks like they will have it for some time

zagatoes30

The problem is these cars are expensive to repair and there is always the chance for some one to cut corners to save money. A bad car is a bad car regardless of the badge on the front, shame really.

Wack61

I'm surprised another garage has bought it unless they did a very favourable swap , if it's as bad as reported getting rid isn't going to be easy, my guess is it'll end up at auction

allandwf

I'd buy it sub £10k, I like the colour and interior. Strip the back, get Benny to work his magic with Hammer and Bolster, 3200 rear lights, sorted!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Extract from current add:

"SUFFERED MINOR DAMAGE TO REAR RIGHT OF THE VEHICLE CHANGED REAR BUMPER - THIS WAS ALL DONE BY PREVIOUS OWNER, THIS MADE IT A CAT D AS INSURANCE HAD TO PAY"

Run away as fast as you can!!

Attachments

• 23154045_9X.JPG
    23154045_9X.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 86