Lancia Beta project anyone..

Andyk

Agree, looks a lovely car.......I found him a true gent and very helpful throughout my Integrale ownership...

zagatoes30

Just looked around this appears to be the only VolumeX for sale at the moment and although the price seems high for a restored rare car with low miles it probably is spot on.

I really need to get on with renting a storage unit either that or stop looking at cars for sale

StuartW

I love that VX - what a car!

A future project for me would be a VX spyder, I saw one done a few years ago which was done by the guy who used to run Betacar - it was an excellent conversion

StuartW

Like so many Betas sadly. Whilst the prices for them remains so low, they are not economic to repair & so many are being lost. With their super thin panels & chassis, there soon won't be many left

jluis

Body looks ok and rust free.
Even if the mechanicals need restoring it will probably be a good deal at this price.

zagatoes30

For a Beta it still doesn't look too bad but as before you need to see it and check thoroughly as these can be a nightmare if the rot has set in. Rare car still

zagatoes30

Love these but a complete nightmare as nearly everything on them is unique to the Gamma which mean spares availability is non existent. Also the engine has a habit of blowing heading gaskets.

StuartW

Indeed, a tricky one this and very few left - do they not have a Maserati derived engine?

philw696

Love the interior and Im sure Enzo used to have one ?
The engine I believe is pure Lancia 2.5 flat four ?

zagatoes30

Certainly a flat 4 2.5 but not sure if it was derived from the flat 4 in the earlier Flaminia range, off to Wiki to find out

zagatoes30

Checked the engine was unique to the Gamma which makes it even harder to source parts.

Wiki statement about reliability sums it up "Ironically, it was the engines that caused the Gamma to have a poor name. They overheated far too easily, wore its cams, and leaked oil. The wishbone bushes wore out early, and, because the power steering was driven from the left cam-belt, the car was prone to snapping that belt when steering was on full lock — with disastrous results. By the time the FL1 was launched most of these problems had been addressed, but the damage was done, and the car's poor reputation cemented. "

For the truly brave but what a stylish way to be different

StuartW

Fair enough, I must have my wires crossed but I am fond of these cars but there are so few left sadly