SM Xmas Doo

conaero

Forum Owner
Good work Matt, you are getting quite good at this, ever thought of going into events management?

Practice makes perfect I suppose. I quite enjoy doing it TBH....until I make a f*** up of course, nearly had one on the Modena trip when we didn't have a room for Catman but some creative shuffling and we got it sorted.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Shite! "Baby"-sitting fail means Mrs. Crud and me can't make this. I'd have the hump but it's due to an unreliable mother-in-law - she had a heart-attack last year and then collapsed last weekend. Nothing wrong with her, mercifully, but she clearly can't be trusted (so to speak) for a while. I'd abandon the wife and come on my own but I'm away for work the week before and after.

Soooo.... I have a double room at the hotel, a karting space and dinner going begging. Any takers?

Captain Flakey.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Seems a reasonable covenant - he (or she!) who shalst take the room is most solemnly obliged to host a thunderous oi55-up and supply bountiful wines and ales for those who shalst turn up and drink most extravagantly from the Conaero's Tavern.

NickP

Went looking for pubs, I thought somewhere between the karting and Marlow might be a good idea, I thought Beaconsfield might be a nice place to stop. I checked out these two and both look good,

Crown Inn, Church Road, Penn, Buckinghamshire HP10 8NY, United Kingdom - pretty standard chef and brewer pub but able to accommodate without booking, huge car park on pretty decent road.
http://www.chefandbrewer.com/pub/cr...m_campaign=pubs&utm_keyword&utm_content=c1293

The Royal Standard, bit off the beaten track but large car park, was too busy for food at Sunday lunchtime but may accommodate us with a booking on a saturday?
http://www.rsoe.co.uk/

Spartacus

new rear tyres ordered today . Goodyear eagle F1 s . should stop me sliding about at the xmas do . well in my car anyway

MAF260

Went looking for pubs, I thought somewhere between the karting and Marlow might be a good idea, I thought Beaconsfield might be a nice place to stop. I checked out these two and both look good,

Crown Inn, Church Road, Penn, Buckinghamshire HP10 8NY, United Kingdom - pretty standard chef and brewer pub but able to accommodate without booking, huge car park on pretty decent road.
http://www.chefandbrewer.com/pub/cr...m_campaign=pubs&utm_keyword&utm_content=c1293

The Royal Standard, bit off the beaten track but large car park, was too busy for food at Sunday lunchtime but may accommodate us with a booking on a saturday?
http://www.rsoe.co.uk/

Royal Standard is a cracking pub. Food was also excellent last time I ate there.

conaero

Forum Owner
Right, shall we make a decision.

Just spoken to Ace, they are free till 6pm that day so we could stop there but Ill be in there for Breakfast so probably no point in going twice.

We should be clear of the Karting by 2.30 so its probably best to head North out of London and the M25, go across and drop down to a pub, I like the look of the Royal Standard or we can go to the usual pub in Harefield but that means ducking back inside the M25, probably not a good idea 2 Saturdays before Xmas.

So I am happy to say the Royal Standard for 4-5, then onto the hotel.

I would urge everyone to have a large breakfast and stash something in the car as its a long day and usually getting lunch for 50 means many don't bother.

MAF260

Right, shall we make a decision.

Just spoken to Ace, they are free till 6pm that day so we could stop there but Ill be in there for Breakfast so probably no point in going twice.

We should be clear of the Karting by 2.30 so its probably best to head North out of London and the M25, go across and drop down to a pub, I like the look of the Royal Standard or we can go to the usual pub in Harefield but that means ducking back inside the M25, probably not a good idea 2 Saturdays before Xmas.

So I am happy to say the Royal Standard for 4-5, then onto the hotel.

I would urge everyone to have a large breakfast and stash something in the car as its a long day and usually getting lunch for 50 means many don't bother.

Ace twice is overkill.

I don't think the M25 will be an issue as most used it last year with no issues. I'd avoid the Old Orchard this time as I recall them being quite useless at serving us for food at a post-Xmas meet last year when there were a few of us.

Might be worth getting an indication of how many will want food at the Royal Standard and pre-warning them?

I think we'll grab something en route as fitting in lunch is always ambitious!

dem maser

agree. lets head out of London, lunch wont be an issue as everyone can stop off wherever they want during the drive to the pub, its easier than organising lunch and dinner for 50 people

midlifecrisis

Not been to Beaconsfield since I delivered ex-forces owned volvos to a dealer there, he sold them from his office shed at the back of his house. When I say shed, more like log cabin!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Bump. With regret, a dinner, double room at the hotel and a karting space up for grabs. *sigh*

Shite! "Baby"-sitting fail means Mrs. Crud and me can't make this. I'd have the hump but it's due to an unreliable mother-in-law - she had a heart-attack last year and then collapsed last weekend. Nothing wrong with her, mercifully, but she clearly can't be trusted (so to speak) for a while. I'd abandon the wife and come on my own but I'm away for work the week before and after.

Soooo.... I have a double room at the hotel, a karting space and dinner going begging. Any takers?

Captain Flakey.