Calling all Quattroporte owners!

James Richardson

Hi everyone,

My name's James Richardson and I work for Auto Trader's editorial and content team.

We're currently in the process of filming a video feature series called Used Car Heroes and we'd very much like to feature a Maserati Quattroporte (a 2003 to 2008 model). If anyone would like to have their car featured in a celebration of what is an iconic car, then we'd like to hear from you.

We're looking to film next Friday 4th September at the Longcross test track in Surrey. I'm afraid we can't offer payment, but we'll cover all travel expenses, food and as much tea and coffee as you can drink. If you're interested, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me either on here, on email - james.richardson@autotrader.co.uk - by phone on 07577986729 or on Twitter @JARichardson1

I'm very much looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

James

Contigo

Sponsor
Hi James,

I'm sure one of the QP owners will happily oblige! I'm sure they will enjoy it too :D

Let me know if you do one on the 3200 :)

Phil

James Richardson

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply - we were seriously considering the 3200GT (what a lovely car) - but plumped for the Quattroporte instead as a slightly more practical option.

It should be a fun day, so if anyone wants to see their Quattroporte immortalised in film, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Many thanks,

James

Sommi

Hi James
I have a 2004 example in very good condition in Nettuno Blue with 66k on clock. It has a few extras like FD DBW and the full Larini sports exhaust system which makes it shift gear quicker and sound much better.
Please let me know if interested.

Some photos on here .

I am in Knaphill village very close to Guildford and can be available from about 12PM onwards on 4th Sept.
Thanks
Sommi

drewf

Surely you'll be back before the 4th?

Shhhhhhhhh..... I will, but it was amusing to ask anyway :)

Sadly I'm busy on the Thursday and Saturday, making the Friday tricky for me, but not impossible. If there are no better offers, it is possible I could take my QP from Lincolnshire to Chobham.

James - what time arrival and departure do you anticipate?

voicey

You'll have a good day - I've done some filming at Longcross and it's an interesting place. Mclaren use it for road testing the cars coming off the production line so you'll be constantly buzzed by quick drivers in quick cars. You'll probably get to see some other interesting stuff - the last time I was there I saw a huge police vehicle being tested!

Sommi

You'll have a good day - I've done some filming at Longcross and it's an interesting place. Mclaren use it for road testing the cars coming off the production line so you'll be constantly buzzed by quick drivers in quick cars. You'll probably get to see some other interesting stuff - the last time I was there I saw a huge police vehicle being tested!

Thanks for the heads up Voicey. This will be a new one for me. Not much is being asked as of now except for info about the specific car. They will not drive it "hard" and more time will be spent doing filming and photos to a high quality celebration of the marque and model. I will get the car valeted before I get there!

rs48635

Only just been alerted to this, and can see the job is filled.
I am due to be working that day, but might be able to step in as substitute if needed. May car is 2006 QP Sport GT. Will need a bloody good wash after hooning aroundt a Car Fest south for three days of muddy dream rides.

Sommi

Only just been alerted to this, and can see the job is filled.
I am due to be working that day, but might be able to step in as substitute if needed. May car is 2006 QP Sport GT. Will need a bloody good wash after hooning aroundt a Car Fest south for three days of muddy dream rides.

Hi Rob
I have had an email exchange with these guys. They mentioned looking for three examples. May as well send an email and check if they still have a place available.

Sommi

IT IS ENZ525's QP!!

I have just been checking the history and ancestry of my car to give the people at Autotrader some more car specific info on my QP. In the process I have discovered that I happen to own the very QP owned by ENZ525 on here!!
There seem to be quite a few people on here who know him and the car.
A link to the car when owned by ENZ525: http://www.veloce101.com/maserati/index.html

I appeal to all and ENZ525 (If he visits this forum) for any history and info about this very well discussed example which may contribute towards the coverage Autotrader want to put forward.
Thanks in Advance!!
I am very happy today to know what a cherished car I own:numberone:

Sommi

Quick Update:
This was great day out on Friday. Autotrader seem to have gone all digital with their media and have a Youtube channel to broadcast their coverage.
The QP was treated with utmost fascination and I got a chance to drive on the track while they filmed. There was lots of picture taking and shooting and I spent the best part of 5 hours helping out with all sorts requests for filming.
The overall impression was very positive and many giggles erupted all through the filming when the QP was raced past at full throttle or blipping while recording exhaust noise at stand still.

Some pictures I took myself are attached.Imgp3836.jpgImgp3839.jpgImgp3844.jpgImgp3852.jpgImgp3870.jpgImgp3874.jpgImgp3885.jpgImgp3895.jpg