Sports Maserati brake discs - third group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

samueluper

SM discs in the future will be stocked. We are negotiating at the moment but as everything it takes time.

This is due to clearly group buys (that we make no money on) being too much agro.

As we will be holding stock, the parts will not be at cost but still a massive saving on OEM parts.

What we don't want is the trade buying them and fitting them at huge profit. People have also made it clear that they are happy to pay a small monthly subscription. This goes against why we started this Forum...it's free to use and support members. The thinking is we may make this option to pay to be a premium member where you will then be able to purchase our parts and receive other benefits...access to private forums, more storage, priority booking on events and the like.

We are also in R&D stages with front QP and GT upper and lower polybush kits.

The long term goal is to stock improved durability parts at half the OEM cost for 3200 through to GT.

It sounds good even for me that live in Spain! Count with me!

Mott The Hoople

SM discs in the future will be stocked. We are negotiating at the moment but as everything it takes time.

This is due to clearly group buys (that we make no money on) being too much agro.

As we will be holding stock, the parts will not be at cost but still a massive saving on OEM parts.

What we don't want is the trade buying them and fitting them at huge profit. People have also made it clear that they are happy to pay a small monthly subscription. This goes against why we started this Forum...it's free to use and support members. The thinking is we may make this option to pay to be a premium member where you will then be able to purchase our parts and receive other benefits...access to private forums, more storage, priority booking on events and the like.

We are also in R&D stages with front QP and GT upper and lower polybush kits.

The long term goal is to stock improved durability parts at half the OEM cost for 3200 through to GT.

I'm not sure that we could get enough 'premium' members to make this financially viable for bulk purchases. Could I suggest an alternative model? Premium members get stuff at cost and other members pay a premium at point of sale.
This should increase turnover enough to make it viable to have parts made up at a low enough price. At the same time 'premiums' (from both sources) could be set at levels to raise the required finance in total. It would also add flexibility and take some of the guesswork out of setting the 'subscription premium' level as the 'non subscription premium' could be quickly varied.
Steve.

midlifecrisis

I'm not sure that we could get enough 'premium' members to make this financially viable for bulk purchases. Could I suggest an alternative model? Premium members get stuff at cost and other members pay a premium at point of sale.
This should increase turnover enough to make it viable to have parts made up at a low enough price. At the same time 'premiums' (from both sources) could be set at levels to raise the required finance in total. It would also add flexibility and take some of the guesswork out of setting the 'subscription premium' level as the 'non subscription premium' could be quickly varied.
Steve.

I like that idea, but whichever way we go, as long as it's fair to old and new owners and 'premium' and non-premium members. I think we need the accountants to work whatever is fair though...no doubt they'll go on about accruals, amortisation and reconciliation.

In fact does any accountant own a Maserati? How do they justify the cost? It would go against their financial principles surely...

MrPea

In fact does any accountant own a Maserati? How do they justify the cost? It would go against their financial principles surely...

Whilst I'm not an accountant, my father is. He's very proud of my man-maths and agrees that they definitely stack up.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Whilst I'm not an accountant, my father is. He's very proud of my man-maths and agrees that they definitely stack up.

You can’t put a price on happiness*, and SM continues to make big grins and giggles more affordable. Often free.

* well, you can, but it’s not very interesting.

Corranga

Since we're open for business again, I'll stick my 2p in too.

I joined SM after the 3rd batch group buy had finished (or didn't see it at first) and bought Moz1000's slot directly from him.

I appreciate that things have gone pear shaped, but I'd like to say the way it's been handled by Matt is a real credit to the way this place is run, and the community atmosphere.

Plenty of forums simply pass the 'this group by is not endorsed' line in and leave it be, but Matt has obviously done what he can to help and support MAF, who in turn went out of his way to set this all up in the first place.
There is a great community atmosphere here, and long may it continue.

I'm happy to wait until the supplier has refunded before money reaches me, and am really glad to hear that another supply of discs will be followed up on.

Thanks to everyone involved!

As for comments on owning one of these cars and being able to afford to loose the money... My Maserati wasn't the cheapest I've seen, but it cost less than the money taken for this group buy I'm sure!

Chris

rafie

I have no urgent need (although I have been waiting for more than a year !).
I can wait a bit longer.
I hope to see a new set of brake discs for my Maserati...
Greetings from Poland.

Timm

Thanks for all the work in the past months. I can wait for the Money until you receive it back from the manufacturer. Or - and that would be my favourite Option - wait for a new set of discs.

Bertt

Also from my side, many thanks for all the efforts going into this. I am in the 3rd group buy and have been patiently waiting to see how things will unfold and never had any doubt about the good intentions of all involved. I am happy to wait until this is resolved and -like many others- would prefer to wait for a new set of discs :)

DevonPaul

My wife is an accountant and doesn't want me to sell ours.

She justifies keeping it for lack of depreciation. At 4000 miles per year new Mondeo would cost more to run over 3 years.

Also it is still a pretty cool car to own, and "it will go up in value as soon as we sell it."

But the main justification for keeping it is that she likes the colour ;)

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Oooh! Now that's good. A comparative depreciation curve would be hugely vauable in support of any man maths. My kind of accountant! A quick search shows that the worst depreciating cars retain only around 35% of value over 3 years / 36k miles. Assume an initial price of £30k and that means that you could get a "sensible" car and be pis5ing £500/month down the drain. So, take that £500 forfeited alternative loss, convert it into cash (which is what it would have been if you hadn't wasted it), add in the likely modest appreciation of a Maserati plus the £500/month such fun is easily worth and you can easily be spending £1k/month and be breaking even AND be happier. And happiness is priceless.

Anyone in a GS or 4200 should have a look at the Nuvola web site. Keep in mind that Nareman only sells immaculate specimens, but the prices he's asking suggest that even the nastiest accountant would struggle to suggest that owning a 42 or GS is anything other than bloody sensible.

spkennyuk

Hahaha! We once bought a car as the coloured seat inserts exactly matched Mrs allandwfs Handbag she had with her!

Change the bag and change the car to match. Could prove an expensive fashion statement.

Novel way to persuade your good lady that the man maths works. :)

Course you could always give a new hand bag as a gift that exactly matches the colour scheme of the next car you want instead :)

Robbe

Another update, the motor factors have agreed to pay the money back...when that will be we don't know but MAF is going to refund those out of his own pocket in the short term.

I accept these are nothing but words at the moment but progress is being made and we are working hard behind the scenes.
06-10-2017.

It has been 2 months since the last news of the refunding. Any progress on that matter?
I am sure you would have told us when there really was, but maybe there are tiny steps made?
I hope that you all understand that after 18 months I am getting a bit nervous (again) it will end in law suits etc.
I understand that there has already a lot of effort and energy put into this, but if you need help , please let us know.

conaero

Forum Owner
The motor factors have agreed to pay back the money as the order s not proceeding.

I am currently in talks direct with APEC about replacing the order.

It’s a slow process I am afraid but in the New Year I’ll be on it with a vengeance.

Stick with us!

Allyp

I have sold my Maser, so if someone wants to take my place for a full set, or if I can get a refund when/if that comes in, then great.

Cheers

philw696

I have sold my Maser, so if someone wants to take my place for a full set, or if I can get a refund when/if that comes in, then great.

Cheers

I would happily take you're place as I let someone have my set previously.
PM if that's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.