Sports Maserati brake discs - third group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

conaero

Forum Owner
Thanks for the offer, I myself am happy to wait for the supplier to refund the forum now that we know they are doing this.

I have a question, some of us like me did not actually order/pay for discs on this buy (I was on the first one) but have supplied my spares to a member who needed them urgently and taken his place.

Do you have a list of these people as I might not be the only one in this position.

Thanks Tony, yes, we need to know who's position you took but if you can hang on that would be great.

redsonnylee

Thanks Tony, yes, we need to know who's position you took but if you can hang on that would be great.

I took, 46. FernandoIsFasterThanYou (fronts) place & no problem waiting, being an ex-auditor I can imagine the amount of admin on this!

jasst

I Bought Luna06 slot, but I am perfectly happy to wait till either a new source is found, or until such time as money has been obtained from the supplier.

Lextasy

Banned
Just my last words on this group buy: I appreciated the effort but the execution was to me not worth the saving, I drive daily in my cars and need the parts on the fly. Apart from the lack of knowing of when these discs will or would ever come is the sheer unclarity about how, what and how come. (moral)Support is only given when information is shared, keeping things to yourselves makes people (me) cautious.
So to end as my grand father used to say: Rather expensive but obtainable than cheap and never available.

I have sent a PM with the request to send my funds back,

I wish you luck
Lextasy

D Walker

I am beginning the think there are difficulties in this being a free prescription free forum and the services provided by forum members trying to help each other out. Matt, I've pm'd you.

madmanmart

Just my last words on this group buy: I appreciated the effort but the execution was to me not worth the saving, I drive daily in my cars and need the parts on the fly. Apart from the lack of knowing of when these discs will or would ever come is the sheer unclarity about how, what and how come. (moral)Support is only given when information is shared, keeping things to yourselves makes people (me) cautious.
So to end as my grand father used to say: Rather expensive but obtainable than cheap and never available.

I have sent a PM with the request to send my funds back,

I wish you luck
Lextasy

Yes I completely agree with the above comments, I appreciate that a lot of effort has gone into sorting these discs. I just don't quite understand why all the hush hush about what exactly has happened.
I too will PM for a refund thanks.
Mart

Ewan

The error here was the lack of communication, not any lack of effort or will. Anyway, I'm sure it's a lesson learned.

In the meantime, I don't physically need my discs so am happy to wait for them. Or, if discs are unlikely to materialise and it's the money back instead, again I'm happy to wait (within reason) if it causes less stress for those at the coal face. But as a shareholder in this business I do expect to be kept informed!

jluis

As a buyer of the first and second group purchases I have to say that those orders were well executed and the product delivered looked high quality (Many people here have installed them and are happy)
I'm also sure Mark is not making much (if any) money on these group buys

Given the past experience we had with these group buys I would suggest people to hold on for a refund from the vendor before asking the intermediary to put his own money upfront.
It's easy for me to say this as I have no money tied up in this group buy but I think it's reasonable to say that for the majority of forum members waiting a few months for a few hundred pounds won't make a difference in the big scheme of things (Otherwise we would be driving Fiestas instead of Maseratis)
Just think that although it's not a lot of money owed to each member, but if everyone asks for a refund before the vendor having actually refunded the money, someone will have a big expense to put that money upfront.

It's also fair to say that the prices of the disks are very low compared to OEM's and as such it's only fair that participants in such group buys that reap in massive discounts when the deal goes trough also share the risk of things going wrong.

Having said this, I have to agree with Ewan.
There should have been more communication on the issues being faced to keep everyone updated.
People should have been treated as shareholders and not customers (And yes, sometimes shareholders lose money ...)

Team GCR

Guys, I 'know' Matt and MAF I regard them as friends even though I do not know them that well but I know enough to know this group buy has been done in good faith and that a third party is obviously the issue.

I understand the comments about communication, sometimes life sends us curve balls and stops us dealing with things in the way we normally would. I didn't post on here for probably over a year when I had issues to deal with, I have, as my signature shows, cars from many different marques and am subscribed to many different forums but for me Sportsmaserati is 'home' so please give a bit of allowance for personal circumstances.

If being owed the money is causing hardship then contact Matt as he has offered but if you don't need the money that badly and are just nervous I would urge you to be patient and let the guys sort this all out without adding additional pressure.

Contigo

Sponsor
Robin has summed it up perfectly. We took your orders in good faith in the same way we the supplier took the order.

I've had 2 sets from the group buys and they have been great , they have saved us collectively tens of thousands of pounds and for that we should all be grateful.

No one running this forum would ever knowingly try to deceive or extort from any member and our integrity is paramount to running the best forum in the World.

Please be understanding and bear with us whilst we sort out this little hiccup.

marios kriticos

SPONSOR: Autosheild
Matt I will wait for mine and thamthank you both for the update .

And I think we should all respect the fact that Mark has had personal problems for the last year .

Thank you Mark &a Matt

Please all I ask if we can have some sort of time when they will arrive .

rockits

I'm happy to wait for refund as long as it takes no problem. We are one big family here so should support each other through thick & thin, ups & downs. Stuff happens & in the grand scheme of things it is not the end of the world. There are still people starving out there with no clean water. Perspective is an operative word here.

I'm not loaded but comfortable enough for this not to cause me financial pain. However I do understand if others are in a different position so fair enough & we can all appreciate this. Just drop Matt a PM & I'm sure he'll sort these cases out. Hopefully most of us can wait until it is fully resolved with the supplier.

Gogs253

I really appreciate the time and effort taken to organise this group buy and no doubt Maf is more upset than anyone that things didn't go smoothly. I am perfectly happy to wait until things are sorted out, whether that means a new supplier or a refund.

GeoffCapes

Robin has summed it up perfectly. We took your orders in good faith in the same way we the supplier took the order.

I've had 2 sets from the group buys and they have been great , they have saved us collectively tens of thousands of pounds and for that we should all be grateful.

No one running this forum would ever knowingly try to deceive or extort from any member and our integrity is paramount to running the best forum in the World.

Please be understanding and bear with us whilst we sort out this little hiccup.

This ^^^^^

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Things get fvcked up sometimes but it can take balls to unfvck them. The fact that MAF and Matt are personally out of pocket but have the integrity to refund those that need it is something that is rare. We should be grateful and priviliged to be part of a forum which makes no money and exists only to serve the interests of its members in the most egalitarian way imaginable.

Chaps, fvcking good onya. Andf thank you.

PS - for the GTS, Formula Dynamics front drop-in replacements are good. Work well with Yellow Stuff pads, as Dem will testify having seen me nearly suffer an over-shoot incident somewhere in France.

GeoffCapes

An incident with you & Dem overshooting in France.

I don't think I want to know....

Robert must have been involved somewhere!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
An incident with you & Dem overshooting in France.

I don't think I want to know....

Robert must have been involved somewhere!

Ditchy McDitchFace actually entered the fray - sorry, the ditch - only about 5 minutes later. I like to think I inspired him.

Status
Not open for further replies.