Sports Maserati brake discs - third group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAF260

SportsMaserati.com is now organising a third group buy for brake discs. Hundreds of these discs have now been fitted to members' cars, all with very positive reports. Respected independents including Autoshield and Emblem have praised the quality of the discs and happily fitted them to customers' cars.

The discs are for the 3200/4200/Spyder and GranSport as well as Ferrari 456 and 550. They are manufactured to a high specification (see below) - GG15HC grade casting, vented, cross-drilled with countersunk holes (same hole pattern as the 550). GG15HC is a higher grade casting than OEM.

Technical details
GG15HC high silicone, high carbon cast iron alloy as the name implies uses higher carbon content during the casting process; approximately double the carbon content than normal brake discs. Carbon content ranges from 2% to approximately 4% and GG15HC is right at the top end. More silicone is also added to GG15HC to encourage the formation of graphite during the cooling process. These graphite flakes add "Plasticity" to the cast iron matrix and are excellent at absorbing shocks and preventing cracks.

Major advantages of GG15HC cast iron:
- The graphite flakes dampen vibrations, reducing brake judder and brake noise
- The graphite flakes conduct heat very well and therefore reduce thermal distortions
- The graphite flakes act as mini stress "focal points" for potential cracking making this material extremely viable for use on drilled and slotted discs, drawing the stress away from the machined slots or holes, preventing cracks.

The discs have gone through a full development programme, are fully balanced and the hubs and outside perimeter are covered in a black corrosion-resistant coating.

All discs will carry a full manufacturers warranty.

Photos of the discs:

PRICES

Front discs
£55 +VAT each

Rear discs
£52 +VAT each

Courier to UK address
£20 inc VAT

Courier to international address
TBC

So that's a full set of discs better than OEM spec delivered for less than £280, which amounts to around 70% saving on current Eurospares pricing.

Group buys require a minimum 50 sets ordered. Please add your name to the list if you would like to be part of the group buy.

Please keep all comments and questions off of this thread and direct them to me via PM

Ebenezer

+1 QP -
NB Eurospares have pattern disks for < £350 (+VAT?) per pair. But offer closes on October 30. Unfortuntaley when I put in 4.2 Auto they don't show up. Toying with banking a full set if they do have some that fit as significant saving over OEM it seems.
EB

Ebenezer

On closer inspection the sports disks are limited offer. The other ones (which i hope fit my car) aren't so that's maybe the way to go.
Eb

drewf

I have the Eurospares pattern disks on the front of my 4.2 QP - no problem at all with fitting, no problem at all with braking and I'd buy them again. However, they don't have any rust treatment on them, so the bells are now a nice orangey colour on my car. I'll be wire brushing that back and painting, but it would have been much easier to do before fitting them to the car! Just a thought...

...and 4 completely off-topic comments and questions should nicely wind-up MAF :)

MAF260

Guys, please keep this thread clear of comments and questions as requested in the original post. It's difficult enough keeping tabs on these group buys without having to trawl through chat to find out who wants the discs.

Matt - is there a way to transfer the subsequent posts elsewhere so people can continue the conversation? I'd like to clear this thread of everything except interest in joining the group buy and any updates on ordering, payment, distribution etc.

steamer

1. Catman V2
2. MrCoop
3. Marlon
4. Abyss
5. Vulcan1208
6. Steamer

And thanks for all your efforts sorting these. Most helpful forum I've been on by a mile.

Timm

1. Catman V2
2. MrCoop
3. Marlon
4. Abyss
5. Vulcan1208
6. Steamer
7. Timm

MAF260

1. Catman V2
2. MrCoop
3. Marlon