2016 Road to Le Mans

conaero

Forum Owner
Feeling a bit down what with the Goodwood event out of the way and Summer definitely a memory now so thought I would give myself and pick me up and commence with the 2016 Road to Le Mans.

Not looking for any money, just to prepare anyone thinking of going with the dates: 14-20 June 2016. Currently the majority thought that 2015's 7 night affair was a day too long so we may change this to leaving a day shorter and go on the 15th June. I would really like to do Paris this year if I can secure a hotel with underground parking (Garage Prive) and everyone also really likes to stay in Bernay. So we need to decide what we need to do. I do now favour the 7 days with a "BREAK DAY" on the Thursday where nothing is planned and we simply just chill at our respective gites.

The way it works is anyone who went last year, gets offered their place for this year in the same gite/room. Anyone who can't re commit means others can move up the list to the gite/room above.

The List - FULL

RED = confirmed

Les Blotinieres:
Matthew Yates (Gite organiser)
Dave Rose
David Leach
David +1
Mark Finnegan
Adam Nightingale
Martyn Yates
Stuart Kemp
Ian Dover
Adrian Elwell
Dan Andrews
Demetri Kafetzi

Guys Gite in Pontvillain:
Aran Brooks (Gite organiser)
Eric Le Frog
Mike Bateman
Nigel Graby
Peter Felton
Michael Wright
Nigel Holmes
Robert Kemshell
Shaun Evers
Krishna Ready
Vamshi Juvvadi
Adam Croft
Neil Fisher

Waynes Gite in Pontvillain:
Nick Pilbeam
Gary Brooks
Midlifecrisis
Moz1000
Chris Bassett
Matt Clements
rs48635
rs48635 +1
Emtee
Zep

Le Bois:
John Emment (Gite organiser)
Athol Haas
Phil Carroll
Chris
Damon Wheaton
Jeremy
Steve McDowell
David Cartwright

Reserve List
1. D Walker

So, if your an oldie, let me know if your coming and if you a newb to Le Mans and are thinking of going, I can tell you, its the single best car/lads trip you will experience. I have been to several events over the years and this is still by far and away the one I really look forward to. I suspect all that went last time will sign up again, as thats the way it goes.

Last edited:

conaero

Forum Owner
An idea of costs for anyone thinking of going:
Return Dover / Calais ferry (based on 2 sharing): £60 / £30 each
Fuel and tolls (based on 2 sharing): £400 / £200 each
Entrance tickets and parking: £100 per head
2 nights hotels (based on 2 sharing): £200 / £100 each
Gites in Le Mans (4 nights):
- Les Blotinieres self catering: £150
- Guys Gite in Pontvillain B&B: £180
- Waynes Gite in Pontvillain B&B: £180
- Le Bois self catering: £125
Beer: 1 Million pounds per head
Plus spending money £200-300

Estimated per head based on 2 sharing: £900

GeoffCapes

I've got approval from the missus as well. Unfortunately it coincides with my brothers stag do. And I'm the best man.

Do you think he'd mind? Probably. Put me down for 2017. :frusty6::frusty6::frusty6: