Delta Evo £95k

Andyk

Truly a lovely example of best of the Integrales and very low miles but that price is eye watering.

Contigo

Sponsor
Has anyone else noticed that all the over priced examples are always shot against a white background as if in a Paint booth? 4 star classics springs to mind.

Andyk

Yes Phil...thought it was the same company at first..Thing is i don't think the pictures looks good when pictured like that...

davidhowson

It is Four Star Classics; it is just over the road from me.
I saw the car about a month ago, it is in truly exceptional condition but not £95k worth as I think it is a parallel import too, having started life in Japan or somewhere similar.
Still, would be nice to see it go to a good home....
-David-

zagatoes30

I love Lancias and an Evo Integrale is up there with the best but this is silly money - there are a lot better cars out there for £95k so even with the lottery win I would give this one a miss

StuartW

Delta Evos have been on the rise for a few years now. I had a 1991 non cat evo with the water spray option which I sold for around £10k in 2004 - they've shot up in value since then but these limited editions have gone through the roof

highlander

Lovely car but just silly, silly money IMO. If I had that money to spend I'd go for a red 60s Alfa spyder and a black QP 4.7 with probably enough change to build a heated garage for both of them ;)

Contigo

Sponsor
The market has gone mad for classics and modern classics. Here's a great example. The 912 was always the unloved poor relation of the 911...

http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1967-porsche-912-c-5027.htm

Mate sold his GTi mk1 last week at the classic car show for £15k, it's slightly better than mine but half the miles at 47k. He was offer £15k in the first hour on the Friday, accepted then was offer £20k the next day and £22k the day after! Madness! 80's cars are where the money is at the moment and as soon as new rules come in from 2018 that all 1980's car will be MOT free they will also go up more on that news.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Well there was a few cars sold at the Silverstone auction at the NEC at eye watering prices. Always thought auctions were a place to pick up a bargain, sold as seen no warranty etc!
That Evo, if seen at 4star classics and now for sale in Barnsley...a commission sale and the owner trying someone else, at an optimistic price?
Saw recently a 928GTS for sale that I nearly bought 4 years ago, but it was now double the price. Couldn't resist so called the dealer. They were quite open after they knew I had seen it 4 years ago and I knew the condition, it was on a commission sale and the price was totally unrealistic but the seller was insistent on the price.

zagatoes30

80s boom is driven by middle aged man wanting to relive his youth. Cars that weren't affordable when they were young, especially insurance, now are. Quattro, most GTi are all bringing good money even the early 90s cars are appreciating. The SZ for one has gone bonkers in the last 12 mths partly due to being 25 years old and therefore can be imported to the States, they meet regulations in the day so very few have been stateside (mine has, as it was part of the Alfa exhibition at Carmel in 98 from where I have a load of photos and a letter from the then Alfa GB Director owner about the time he had over there and how the Americans just couldn't take their eyes off it).

greeny12

With every day that goes past and every grand that gets heaped onto their prices, I get more depressed at having sold my Evo II Integrale...

zagatoes30

Never regret what you sold. I sold an Alfa 2600 Spider that needed partial restoration for £8k in 2009 as restored cars were only making £18k and it was going to cost me more to restore it. 12 months later restored cars were over £60k. In fact last year I sold all my 2600 spares which all needed restoration for nearly the amount I sold the full car for 6 years earlier. I can't complain too much as I only paid £3k for the car back in 2005.

StuartW

Never regret what you sold. I sold an Alfa 2600 Spider that needed partial restoration for £8k in 2009 as restored cars were only making £18k and it was going to cost me more to restore it. 12 months later restored cars were over £60k. In fact last year I sold all my 2600 spares which all needed restoration for nearly the amount I sold the full car for 6 years earlier. I can't complain too much as I only paid £3k for the car back in 2005.

Indeed, I try to tell myself that about my 3 bed house in Wimbledon SW19 which I sold in 2002 ... if only