GS Rubber Moulding

stefanocirillo

Hi all,

GS is tucked away for the winter and i am putting together an xmas list! I noticed before putting car away that when jet washing the car, water seems to leak a tiny bit through the drivers side door. It trickles down just up from the tweeter speaker. The culprit is a split rubber seal which goes around the frame of the car (where the window pops up and seals against).

Any idea of part number/where i can get the seal from?

Thanks all!

Stef

BL330

Hi Stef,
I fitted one in preparation for the recent concours here.
Mine wasn't leaking but was split at the top, so it had to be fixed.
Remove the door card and 3 allen bolts holding the mirror, plug up and out the old one and fiddle in the new.
There is one section that has double sided tape pre-fitted.
As Peter says they are available from Eurospares GBP 40 or 45 from memory.

hilts uk

Had the same issue and replaced mine in the Summer. Any dealer can supply the part. Also bought a spare one for the passenger side which will go in the next few years.

Needamaser

If it is a door frame seal it is on Eurospares site at just over £600.
Is this a different seal?

ANY

About two years ago I bought one from a scraped car here in Sweden for 1000SEK, about £85. I though it was on the expensive side, but turns out is was a bargain then.. Hopefully you'll have the same luck?

By the way, regarding door seals: something that has annoyed me since I bought the car is that it only has a single door seal. There it no seal at the outer edge of the door, resulting in unnecessary road noise and that the inner door opening is always dirty (luxury problems, l know). Specially noticeable on a black car. Mine is from 2002. Does any later models have a second seal e.g mounted on the door itself? Other cars from the period, like Alfa 166 have it.

hashluck

Does fitting replacement door seals involve taking the doors off or is it a DIY task (this is DIY for me I mean and I am not taking a door off :)

CatmanV2

Can't see why you need to take the doors off. You'll need a stiff drink at the price of the seal, though

C