3200GTA 2002 Fuel pumps

TomTurbo

Sorry to bump an old thread.

I have found out that the 550 uses a very similar fuel pump, and Ferrari supplies not only the whole assembly but also individual parts.

The pump itself is the same Bosch 0 580 453 443.
The filters look extremely similar.
The rubber gasket should be the same.

I have also found some in-tank fuel hoses with heat shrink ends.
Does anyone know which hose fits for 3200?

Hey Enzo,

I'm facing a very similar problem right know. Beside of various other problems, it turned out the fuel pressure is too low. After changing the fuel filter and the fuel pressure regulators, it seems only the fuel pumps are left.
I just disassembled the whole assembly (thanks for the great explanation in this threat) and could see that the "bitumen absorber" at the bottom of the tank (I guess to avoid noise when the fuel assembly hits the tank) disperse. Same is true for the fuel pump gasket - some parts simply disappeared and the rest has become very porous. Hence, I am also in need of some spares. I can confirm the fuel pumpse are Bosch 0 580 453 443.

Have you tried some of the 550 parts? It all lies in front of me. So if I can support with any measure, just let me know.

Kindly
Thomas

Attachments

• fuel assembly.jpg
    fuel assembly.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 24

TomTurbo

Just checked the dimensions. The fuel pump has a diameter of 38mm and the inner one of the assembly is 83mm, therfore the gasket with 36mm should fit if it is 83mm or a bit bigger in total. Same is true for the filter, 83 to 84mm should match.

The gasket was completely falling apart... That has led to a lot of dirt in the filter. Maybe that was the reason for the low fuel pressure but I will replace the pump and the filter to be on the save side.

Danny

Wow, that looks scary. Do you have any idea about the cause? Have you been fuelling up with E10 or something similar?

TomTurbo

Yes, indeed it does. I have to clean the whole fuel tank. The anti vibration pads looking more or less the same. Unfortunately I have no idea why. In Austria we actually use the so called "super plus", which contains up to 5 % ethanol and I have used all the time. But I don't know what the previous owner did. I found a injector and fuel system cleaner in the trunk back in time when I've bought the car, maybe there is a link...

rs48635

Yes, indeed it does. I have to clean the whole fuel tank. The anti vibration pads looking more or less the same. Unfortunately I have no idea why. In Austria we actually use the so called "super plus", which contains up to 5 % ethanol and I have used all the time. But I don't know what the previous owner did. I found a injector and fuel system cleaner in the trunk back in time when I've bought the car, maybe there is a link...
holy thread resurrection. !
Did you use (Ferrari) gasket mentioned by @Enz0 earlier? Will pull apart my own fuel tank this weekend and survey the scenes of carnage.

rs48635

Sorry to bump an old thread.

I have found out that the 550 uses a very similar fuel pump, and Ferrari supplies not only the whole assembly but also individual parts.

The pump itself is the same Bosch 0 580 453 443.
The filters look extremely similar.
The rubber gasket should be the same.

I have also found some in-tank fuel hoses with heat shrink ends.
Does anyone know which hose fits for 3200?
this might be my lifeline - tagged for my own benefit.

gemini

Hi @rs48635
I had the same problem with my shamal (I bought it as a non runner and had to do a lot of work to make it run).

IMG_20220411_182124 (1).jpeg
IMG_20220411_182823 (1).jpeg
I used this kit and it works perfectly.

I'm sure it will work with the 3200GT.
Quite a lot of poarts are interchangeable between the two.
If you have a lot of free time, you can follow the restauration of the shamal here (in french, but with a lot of pictures, I'll do a post about it here on day, maybe).

Spitfire980

The 3200 fuel pump face plate, looks like a Fiat/ Lancia part, does anybody know which car?

IgadvV.jpg