Mirror dip function in reverse gear

Contigo

Sponsor
From the handbook (applies to 4200 and GS). QP is exactly the same

mirrors.jpg

Last edited:

Doohickey

Velociraptor
This setting can de-activate itself if you are not in memory mode (1-2-3 modes on the seat).

To activate it just put your foot on the brake, put the car in reverse gear. Whilst in reverse gear, manually tilt the passenger side mirror down all the way with the mirror 'mini joystick' control on your door panel.

Now, when you put the car into neutral, drive or park, the mirror should tilt back to its normal position. When you put the car in reverse the mirror should tilt down.

Once you have set all positions of seat, steering wheel adjust and mirror save that in one of the memory postions.

Try it and let me know.

I will try it. On the Jag I had, the passenger side mirror tilted down automatically so you could see the road without having to set it.

Will report back.

Cheers.

Ebenezer

Wouldn't you know, I park mine next to a curb on the right hand side, so all this faffing is of no use! Have to open the door and have a gander!
Eb

Aredes

Yes, I have done it all, the mirror works fine the first time and then it just goes crazy and moves everywhere.

spkennyuk

Really, I am absolutely certain that both mine dip!

Both morrors dip on selecting reverse on mine. Its possible only both sides dip on the facelift 4200's as against the earlier ones possibly only dip on the passenger side. You do have to set each mirror individually and save the settings.

spkennyuk

Yes, I have done it all, the mirror works fine the first time and then it just goes crazy and moves everywhere.

Try doing the seat reset procedure. The reverse mirror settings are stored to the seat position. M1 And M2 so you can have two different mirror settings for both normal and reverse if you use both memory slots.

Mine would not store and went to random often useless angles on selecting reverse until i did a seat and battery reset. All works fine now and has since i did the reset in May last year.

I think the mirror selector switch has to be in the middle/ neutral position as well to use the stored reverse settings.

alfatwo

Will it work on an 3200 with memory seats Phil?...as I have heated memory seats in mine too

Dave

Gp79

I was always wondering about this, but no memory seats on my GS, so can forget about it then!

zagatoes30

Never tried setting the drivers mirror when in reverse, might be useful I will have a play when I pick it up tonight

spkennyuk

Interestingly the memory seat function on my car has stopped working. New module required but the mirror dip function on both mirrors when reverse is selected is still working. Which would suggest the mirror settings are stored elsewhere or the seat control module is partially working.