Alfieri Spyder

Andyk

Must say I prefer the 8C Spider than the Coupe..,,,Apparently its a better drive as well....Not that I know as never driven one.

conaero

Forum Owner
Must say I prefer the 8C Spider than the Coupe..,,,Apparently its a better drive as well....Not that I know as never driven one.

8C is a classic, I am off to AT so see where the prices are at the mo.

Andyk

i wouldn't bother Matt.......Not moved really in the last few years...Would say 120k min for a coupe.....But agree..Coupe or Spider a true classic......Bloody stunning.....

Saying that the cheapest on PH is 155k...

Classico

Tbh, honest, an 8c coupe or spider would do me just fine lol.

Shame all 500 of the coupe and 500 spiders were all bloody LHD.

Still, what a wonderful beast.

conaero

Forum Owner
Well that was depressing....one for sale, £185k

I have a question though. I was always let to believe that the Alfa 8C was built on the 4200 Spyder platform.

Take a look at the engine shots of the the 8C and the GTS, both have the crossmember in front of the engine and both have the engine behind the front axle and both have the 4.7 engine???

8C:

8c.jpg

GTS:

2012-maserati-granturismo-s-mc-shift-4.jpg

Rex B

I like it looks aggressive ready to eat every thing they gets in its way the coupe is better side on but both need a V8.

Rex B

zagatoes30

Looks a bit heavy and clumsy to me, trying too hard - even if I had the money I wouldn't be rushing out for one. An 8C Spyder though, that is just a stunning car

BJL

Just back from Modena and they are suggesting the 6c will hit the streets long before the Alfieri. Carbon tub plus 550bhp v6.

Last time this got mentioned it nearly was a maser.........oh well..........actually I'm more excited about Alfas immediate plans then Masers

bigbob

Just back from Modena and they are suggesting the 6c will hit the streets long before the Alfieri. Carbon tub plus 550bhp v6.

Last time this got mentioned it nearly was a maser.........oh well..........actually I'm more excited about Alfas immediate plans then Masers

Thanks for this. All the brand engineering they are doing is very annoying. The 8c is the real replacement for the GS but trying to rescue another brand got in the way. Sounds like it may happen again.

After the IPO, any idea how loose the Ferrari/Maserati relationship will become?

BJL

I do know for a fact after spending a day a the Ferrari factory in late September that under no circumstances will Ferrari have anything to do with the Diesel engine but are in joint development with the V6 with Alfa and Maser. In fact the Maserati V8 and 6 are on adjacent production lines with exclusively Ferrari technicians. The fact the V8 has a different crank throw ie 180 as opposed to 90 degrees is the only difference below the head in structural terms.

My view, for what it is worth, is that Maserati have moved their focus to mainstream with E Class and S class alternatives and the Alfieri may be no more than a vision halo car to keep the faithful interested while Alfa is being pushed as the wild kid on the block with the new Guilietta out later this year with rear wheel drive plus the Guilia v6 550 bhp beast. Put that in the same showroom as the new 6C and it could be Maser 10 years ago.
I hope I'm wrong. I retrieved my Alfieri deposit from Meridien who said they can't see the Alfieri until 2018 for deliveries in the UK. It will be so far behind by then even Kia are launching a Grantourer with super car performance soon.

conaero

Forum Owner
Thanks for the inside track Barry. Its looking more and more that a lot of us will be jumping to the 6C as long as they don't balls up the styling like they did the Giulia. Oh well, it will up the activity on www.sportsalfa.com which has been struggling I suppose.

Please, please, please Alfa, with a carbon tub and V6 550hp please, please, please then I will die a happy man.

IMG_2601.jpg

Last edited:

Andyk

Stop posting that Matt........will be very disappointed if it doesn't look like that....

bigbob

I do know for a fact after spending a day a the Ferrari factory in late September that under no circumstances will Ferrari have anything to do with the Diesel engine but are in joint development with the V6 with Alfa and Maser. In fact the Maserati V8 and 6 are on adjacent production lines with exclusively Ferrari technicians. The fact the V8 has a different crank throw ie 180 as opposed to 90 degrees is the only difference below the head in structural terms.

My view, for what it is worth, is that Maserati have moved their focus to mainstream with E Class and S class alternatives and the Alfieri may be no more than a vision halo car to keep the faithful interested while Alfa is being pushed as the wild kid on the block with the new Guilietta out later this year with rear wheel drive plus the Guilia v6 550 bhp beast. Put that in the same showroom as the new 6C and it could be Maser 10 years ago.
I hope I'm wrong. I retrieved my Alfieri deposit from Meridien who said they can't see the Alfieri until 2018 for deliveries in the UK. It will be so far behind by then even Kia are launching a Grantourer with super car performance soon.

Thanks. FCA seem very confused about how to handle this situation. Ask anyone who likes cars to rank Alfa and Maser with regard to perceived exclusivity, performance, price point and brand value and I think Maserati will come out ahead but FCA don't seem to realise this. The message is unclear and needs to be sorted out as it appears there is going to be too much brand overlap which, ultimately, has to hurt Alfa more than Maserati IMHO.