Looking for a 4200 or GS

m1980k

Got a couple of questions on GSs. Any easy way to distinguish between LE and non-LE (don't see references to it in any ads). And does colour have a big impact on price? I see a Grigio touring advertised at the Supercar rooms that's substantially cheaper than darker cars of similar mileage. I know Bianco Fuji is a whole other thing...

D Walker

There is a thread somewhere that I think Andy K put together with all variants and specs. If you find a Bianco Fuji GS I will fight you for it........lol.
As far as colour goes some are harder to find, ie. Blues are quite rare, and red, yellow and an Orange(ish) with Black and silver, then grey being the predominant colours (IMHO opinion while I was searching)

D Walker

Here you go - LE Spec
Packages

Limited Edition package - £3175
Red coloured calipers
CD changer
Full leather
19 inch Trofeo in Grigio Mercury
Electrochromatic rear view mirror
Heated front seats with driver memory
External grills in black
Seatta badges
Xenon headlight washers
200 high power hi fi
Rear parking sensors

As it happens think my car has all these apart from wheels,red calipers and front grill and hi-fi ! But it does have the Gransport seats, aluminium foot pedals and the carbon covered interior trim bits and telephone kit.

Last edited:

spkennyuk

Got a couple of questions on GSs. Any easy way to distinguish between LE and non-LE (don't see references to it in any ads). And does colour have a big impact on price? I see a Grigio touring advertised at the Supercar rooms that's substantially cheaper than darker cars of similar mileage. I know Bianco Fuji is a whole other thing...

The non LE models all have the Tek cloth inserts on the seats and dash. The Bianco Fuji ones rare to say the least. Just five were registered in the UK.

D Walker

The non LE models all have the Tek cloth inserts on the seats and dash. The Bianco Fuji ones rare to say the least. Just five were registered in the UK.

Is that correct - so there are no GS with full leather that are not LE spec?

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
There's loads of full leather Gransports that aren't LE's. I have one that I'll be listing next week.

Gp79

No LE spec here!

I actually don't mind the tech cloth, the photos do tend to exaggerate the colours making it look much brighter.

I do also think it depends on the colour of the car whether it works or not.

As far as i know LE was just a bundle of options but you could spec them separately at an overall higher price.

IMG_0388[1].JPG

safrane

Not quite correct.
The LE is just an options pack giving the above items at about 1/2 the price as buying them as additional items above a standard car. Standard was as you say Tech Cloth, non HID lights no memory heated seats, no leather roof lining, basic Becker Unit with no Sat Nav, no reversing sensors, and standard wheel and caliper colour.

You could spec up your basic car hence why people get mixed up with speced up cars and LE spec cars.

spkennyuk

Is that correct - so there are no GS with full leather that are not LE spec?

No what i meant was if it has tek cloth then its definately not a LE spec car. You could have the full leather GS seats fitted in both the GS and the Facelift 4200's but again not many 4200's were fitted with the GS seats. Dave walkers is from memory.

D Walker

No what i meant was if it has tek cloth then its definately not a LE spec car. You could have the full leather GS seats fitted in both the GS and the Facelift 4200's but again not many 4200's were fitted with the GS seats. Dave walkers is from memory.

Ok, apologies - read it wrong!

Yep - mine has the GS seats (I was told only 3 in the country - but who knows? - pretty good source tho!!!)

EnzoMC

What about when you drive the car Enzo :)

lol :)

that looks very nice, one of the best tech-cloths interiors

another carrot :)

forum03.jpg

LE spec with full black pin stripe leather interior

G

Guest 1678

No LE spec here!

I actually don't mind the tech cloth, the photos do tend to exaggerate the colours making it look much brighter.

I do also think it depends on the colour of the car whether it works or not.

As far as i know LE was just a bundle of options but you could spec them separately at an overall higher price.

View attachment 33700

Same as mine - red with tech cloth. The grey inserts are much darker than the photo.

I also had all the options in the LE except Auditorium 200 and this added just over 6k paid by the first owner. £72k in November 2004!

m1980k

Sorry to read the silver car was not up to scratch. There is one out there with your name on it.

May be useful, if you are prepared to, to share the facts of the items that made the car unacceptable.

If anyone has a GENUINE interest in buying this car, PM me. Not posting anything until the holding deposit has been refunded to my credit card!

m1980k

I have a GS! Just put a deposit down on this:

GS1.jpgGS2.jpgGS4.jpg

http://www.thesupercarrooms.co.uk/car-details/Maserati-Gransport-for-sale-LJ56

Was a little cheaper than others on the market as the owner serviced it according to mileage rather than time. Inspection showed that it was in very good shape though. Plenty of clutch left and still a few mms on the P Zeros. A few cosmetic things that will be tidied up by the supercar rooms and new front discs. Now just have to wait an agonizing 2 weeks before I actually get my hands on it!

rossyl

Super Car Rooms are one of the very best, so I am sure you've got great car.

It looks lovely, congrats. Good colour scheme as well.

Looks cold!!