Spyder E on Ebay

MAF260

It's a lovely looking example, but won't be cheap if it's as good as it suggests. Minimum £10k reserve, I reckon.

Contigo

Sponsor
I spoke to the owner this week and the current mileage is around the 35k mark as it has had a binnacle change at some point (documented and certified). The car has been looked after by Bill McGrath so a quick call to them would be my first point of call to ask them about the vehicle etc... The owner would not let on what the reserve was and wanted to let the auction run. If you could get it for £10k that would be a great price and I'm sure based on the history it would be a great car. The only thing that stopped me was the auto box, if I was to get a historic like the spyder it would have to be a manual box.

zagatoes30

Looks nice but if you really want to sell, even on eBay, a better description would help. Never understand why people don't spend the time to prepare a proper advert

Contigo

Sponsor
Very true, that car with a decent description would no doubt be at a higher price than it is now.

MAF260

MOT history is a big worry though!

You're not wrong! Identical mileage for many years suggests a broken speedo (at best). Repeated faults that were fails or advisories not being attended to for year after year. No MOT at all for a few years, and looks like it currently doesn't have one at all. Lovely looking car, but could be a toned-up cream puff with a very dark history. Tread carefully if anyone is thinking of touching this one! MOT history checks are very useful these days - nothing can be hidden or erased.

rotor-g

Do we know who bought the car. I went to see it, and it looked in good condition. £10,099 is not a bad price (IMO)

Contigo

Sponsor
I don't know, price makes me suss though, almost like it needed to get over the 10k reserve etc..... If someone did genuinely win it and it is as good as it looks then someone has got a bargain IMO. That is only going one way in value and had it been a manual car I would have been bidding myself.