New Key

Easyplan66

Anyone know how much an inde would charge to re code my spare key. Just been to Graypaul in Solihull and they wanted £60.00. A new key is £250.00.

Fantastic showroom by the way, spend ages looking around. Nice GS in aniversery blue.

Easyplan66

not sure the spare key has never worked may be the battery, I am going to have my car inspected at shiltech next week so will ask him then

Parisien

Does your spare key, one of 2 blue keys not work? This thread does not apply to cars with "Red" keys. First check that the batteries are not flat. Change the batteries with the working remote first without replacing. If they are dead replace(2x 3V lithium CR1220 about £5).
Then try the first reset in case the non working remote has been pressed 16+ times out of reception of car. Quickly press 2 times close to car and it should reset and open the car. If this does not work then check that this inoperative remote opens the car via manual door unlock with this key and that it then unimmobolises the car and starts it, If it does not then it is a matter of main dealer and reprogramming. If it has started the car then the following procedure will reprogramme the remote without the expensive call to the main dealer for reprogramming or "you need a new key" (£150+ and reprogramminig cost +£100 approx).

This information has kindly been provided by Nareman of Novola London, and it works.

The procedure for re-programming a spare key is as follows:

Using the working key, press the button to unlock the car, then press the same button to lock the car and continue to press the button to unlock and then lock the car, until the working key stops responding (it should take about 12-16 unlock/lock cycles for this to happen).

As soon as the working key stops responding, press the button on the non-working key and that key should then be reprogrammed to the car, including the original working key, leaving you with two functioning keys.

.........see how you go......report back.....:)

P

Easyplan66

changed over the rubber from my spare key today and also put new batteries in the other one, all working now, only cost me £9.00

Gullible

this codes the key to your central locking but does not recode the immobiliser and i think this is the largest problem.
I have a new key and it opens the doors but i cant drive off with it without taking the transponder from the other key and swapping it over.

lozcb

this codes the key to your central locking but does not recode the immobiliser and i think this is the largest problem.
I have a new key and it opens the doors but i cant drive off with it without taking the transponder from the other key and swapping it over.

Obviously Adam new keys have to be coded and synced to the car , but old unused keys can go out of sync through lack of use or flat batteries the above system usually works , as does clilcking it multople times after changing to a new battery , think the above was originally quoted by Nareman

regards loz

conaero

Forum Owner
Interesting stuff guys, and strangely enough, my key threw a bit of a paddy this morning and had to lock it with the door lock. I think my battery is dead, can anyone tell me how to replace the batter or maybe even do a little how to for this section?

Parisien

Interesting stuff guys, and strangely enough, my key threw a bit of a paddy this morning and had to lock it with the door lock. I think my battery is dead, can anyone tell me how to replace the batter or maybe even do a little how to for this section?

Its a relatively straight fowrard procedure Conaero, theres a little area near the top to prise it open, batteries are easy to get at, just make sure poles are same going back in, then re-set key, if necessary, using method suggested.

P

lozcb

If micro switches ever go and you have a spare key ( ie cheapie off ebay ) i can get them swapped over for a tenner by my son inlaw

regards loz

Sniffer

Hmmm,

My spare key will operate the alarm but not the immobiliser. I have the red key and the main key I use to drive the car. Both these keys work as designed. What is the procedure to get the spare key able to start the car?

Also, I have loads of docuemtnation, bills etc for the car, but no red card. Should I have one, and if so, is the number written anywhere else?

Thanks

lozcb

Hmmm,

My spare key will operate the alarm but not the immobiliser. I have the red key and the main key I use to drive the car. Both these keys work as designed. What is the procedure to get the spare key able to start the car?

Also, I have loads of docuemtnation, bills etc for the car, but no red card. Should I have one, and if so, is the number written anywhere else?

Thanks

No red card for the 3200 , you have the red key instead

regards loz

Andyk

Andrew, was the GS Anniversary for sale......I know of some one who is looking for one......

Sniffer

OK, but to keep this on topic, for a 3200GT what is the procedure to get the spare black key able to start the car?