New Zealand member

ASTRL

Hey Guys,

New to the forum and nice to see there are some people here from the West Island too! :jptongue:

I've managed to find myself a beautiful 2002 4200 Spyder with only 60,000km on it from new and full history. I'm one very proud owner. Just looking at doing a few bits to help lift the cars condition slightly, interior items starting to go sticky etc but otherwise getting to enjoy it through our lovely summer!

Great flicking through the forum and seeing what people are doing and learning more about the cars too,

Just thought i'd say hi

Clive

BL330

Hi Clive,

Welcome indeed from across the detch ( or is that West Island you speak of )?
Well done on your decision to purchase. You'll find they are very rewarding and sometimes frustrating, that's why we call them our mistress.
Never a dull moment. You'll find threads on sticky button replacement via Larry ( Lorenz ) in the US. I've had some done and they make a big difference.
I've had mine just over 2 years and progressively improved things, some forced on me, others as I can.
So I can highly recommend an upgrade to the front section of the exhaust to help the gases escape more freely. You won't believe the improvement.
And in 2 weeks I'm also having fitted a Drive By Wire Enhancement Module from Formula Dynamics to speed up gear changes and throttle response.
All reports are it is amazing, so can't wait.
Welcome to the team.

philw696

Welcome Clive,
Another Auckland member good stuff.
Trying to get some Maserati's together to go to the next Caffeine and Classics meet over on North Shore.
Got me and a Gransport Spider so far.
Message me if your interested.
Phil.

Andyk

Hi Clive and a big warm welcome to the forum....If you get chance post some pictures of your Maserati as we would love to see her.

ASTRL

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Interested by the exhaust upgrade, first thing I had done was to fit a Mille Miglia to help it breathe more easily (and sound FANTASTIC!), had the wheels refurbished too and sprayed a dark grey. Just about to collect some 19" genuine facelift 4200 wheels too as a second set, wasn't something I was intending on purchasing however became a deal I couldn't pass up on really.
I'll try and organise some photos but at present being on a work computer it doesn't like me uploading/linking photos.

Keen to do the C&C too, my only problem is when I have that specific sunday off.
4200.jpg

spkennyuk

Welcome along Clive. What a car to have for a spot of summer top down motoring in. Enjoy the car. I'm sure you won't regret it.

hukent

Welcome Clive,
Another Auckland member good stuff.
Trying to get some Maserati's together to go to the next Caffeine and Classics meet over on North Shore.
Got me and a Gransport Spider so far.
Message me if your interested.
Phil.

When is that Phil?

hukent

Smales Farm North Shore mate straight of SH 1 really easy to get to and really well organised.

Is that near the big Vodaphone building, opposite the golf course?

Just looked on line,and it's the LAST Sunday of the month,so won't be able to make it
as I leave for home on the Saturday.:too_sad:

ASTRL

Thank you for the welcome!

Currently dismantling the interior to replace the wonderful sticky button issue we all seem to love and adore. Turning out to be quite the challenge for a mere salesman, still I'm sure that the finished article will look pretty **** good.

I have found that I am having a few issues with the ABS and ASR light coming on quite often, has anyone got a scanner to read the car and see what the problem is? I've been told it's a rear wheel speed sensor however I've replaced that and the intermittent fault has now become a total fault