Goodwood Festival of Speed

StuartW

I've never been but fancy going along this year.

I recall there being a decent SM presence there in previous years so I wanted to ask if it's worth the trip & which day is the best one to attend as it would only be a day trip for me.

Thanks all

Andyk

Always worth a trip as it is the best car show of any. Gets very, very crowded as well. I have only gone on a Sunday and it was just brilliant....every road and racing car you can think of is there. Worth going

Team GCR

It is definitely worth going, a great atmosphere and cars of every type going up the hill, plus the Cartier Style et Luxe and worth walking up the hill to view the rally stage as well. I w ould say grandstand tickets are a must as the crowds can be deep elsewhere so can be hard to see what is going on otherwise.

zagatoes30

23rd - 26th June. The Thursday is called the moving motor show and is more a trade day with manufacturers using the hill for demos of their latest products. It is the quietest of days and most of the static exhibits are easy to see due to the smaller crowds. You can often get free invites to this from manufacturers, Alfa often a=have an application on their website.

Fri, Sat & Sun are the days that the stars demo various machines on the hill. Crowds are bigger especially near the track and patience may be required to get to see what you want. Sun is by far the busiest day.

I like FOS it is a good day out but if you want to see the cars and stars in action but minimise crowds go on the Fri, if you just want to see the static displays go on Thursday

StuartW

Thanks guys, I will definitely be paying a visit this year and it sounds like the Friday sounds a good option. I can't be doing with too many crowds!

Hopefully see some of you there although could be wishful thinking based on the numbers attending!

Contigo

Sponsor
Tip for the Thursday, go early, like 7am and go to each stand with your driving license and ask to drive their cars up the hill. Great fun hacking a Leon Cupra R up the Hill climb near the flint wall!

GeoffCapes

Thanks guys, I will definitely be paying a visit this year and it sounds like the Friday sounds a good option. I can't be doing with too many crowds!

Hopefully see some of you there although could be wishful thinking based on the numbers attending!

That's what I was thinking.

LDM 3200

A good event, although like the Revival, is very busy - maybe a victim of its own success?

Murray C

Got my tickets for the Saturday, if you plan on going either the Saturday/Sunday, book sooner than later...they said these days are getting close to selling out

rockits

We used to go every year but it started getting bonkers busy and 2 hrs to get out of car park & almost 4 hrs home was not my idea of fun.

Did end up doing donuts in the field in my old E39 540i one year to pass some time! Till we got told off by security & asked to move it to the lower field!!

Contigo

Sponsor
The best day for me is the Thursday for the moving motor show so you can test drive the cars up the hill. Go the Friday if you want a more quiet day!

alfatwo

Get there very early Stu..say about 6.30am any later and it'll be rammed

Its a good day out, but a long old slog back... Best done with an overnight b&b..

Dave