28/29 May 2016 Prescott Hill Climb - la Vita Rossa

Alfaspecial

Prescott Hill Climb have their big annual event 'La Vie en Bleu' - this year they are introducing an Italian car day 'La Vita Rossa' (translation 'the Red Life', or 'life is red') on the weekend of 28/29 May. Sounds good.

The Italian Day is Saturday 28th, tickets from £15
Members of the Italian Auto Moto Club will be welcome to display on the club stand, Paul (IAMC) is trying to arrange a group ticket booking.

LA VIE EN BLEU WEEKEND
28th and 29th May 2016
La Vie En Bleu Weekend

Prescott Hill Climbs French and Italian motoring festival
A celebration of French and Italian cars, music and entertainment

NEW for 2016 is the introduction of ‘La Vita Rossa’ as Prescott also celebrates everything Italian!

Prescott Hill Climb will be transformed in celebration of fine French and Italian automobiles, themed entertainment, trade stalls and visiting car clubs. Plus special competition classes for French and Italian marques.
The paddock will be packed with iconic French and Italian classic cars and supercars from a Bugatti Veyron Supersport, a Bugatti Veyron Pur Sang, the Veyron’s older cousin the Bugatti EB110 Super Sport, a Voisin or two, a LaFerrari, a Ferrari Enzo, a 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB, a Ferrari 330 GTC, a Ferrari Fantuzzi 196S, a 1975 Maserati Khamsin, an Alpha Romeo 156 ETCC, an Alfa 1750 6C, a Lamborghini Countach Diablo TT right through to the Nelson Piquet 1990 Benetton F1 Car.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Lamborghini Miura, the ‘Twiggy’ Miura, aptly named after its first owner Justin de Villeneuve (Twiggy’s manager in the 1960s) will also be heading to Prescott.

Another highlight includes six ERA’s, four of which will be competing on the Saturday including the iconic ex Raymond Mays R4D – the most celebrated chassis in the marque's history. ERA R4D was built by English Racing Automobiles as the last development classic voiturette racing car in the 1930s, designed to compete with the highly successful Bugatti’s and Maseratis.
Visitors to will also be in for a real treat, when the ‘Beast of Turin’ roars into action. The Beast of Turin is the one surviving example of a pair of land speed record contenders the Italian automaker built before WWI. The Beast of Turin’ was built in 1910 with the express intention of beating the land speed record, held at the time by Blitzen-Benz. Its 28.5-litre Fiat S76 engine was capable of providing an impressive 300bhp - enough to propel the car to 116 mph, and a one-mile land speed record, in 1911.
Aside from the impressive array of vehicles both on and off track, will be a whole raft of entertainment to keep the whole family amused. Gracing the main stage will be Mark Halliday, known throughout Europe and the USA for his Dean Martin act in the hit musical “Rat Pack * Live from Las Vegas”. Plus ‘Opera’ – possibly a first for a motorsport event? ‘Oyster Opera’ are professional opera singers that will transfix you with their act, but beware you might be invited to waltz along with the soprano to Verdi's Brindisi, be enveloped by a smouldering Carmen, or have a charming, budding Pavarotti serenade you on one knee.
Alongside the roving accordion player, and popular stilt walkers will be the stunning Vegas Showgirls swapping their feathers for flapper dresses and performing Charleston routines to French inspired Electro Swing songs. Taking to the skies above, will be Tiger Aerobatics and their vintage air display (both days, weather permitting).

Advance tickets are on sale now. Please call 01242 673136

Italian Day
28th May 2016
May 28th Italian Day. A National ‘B’ meeting for members of the pre-war Austin 7, Bugatti Owners, the Classic Marques Club, the ERA Club, the Ferrari Owners Club, the Luffield Cars MGCC, the ‘Paul Matty Sportscars’ Lotus Championship and the TVR Car Club Championships.
BUY TICKETS
La Vie En Bleu Dix
29th May 2016

May 29th French Marques Day. A National ‘B’ meeting for members of the Morgan Three Wheeler, the
Bugatti Owners Club, Alpine Renault (championship), the British Automobile Racing (BARC), the Citroen Car, the Historic Sports Car (HSCC), the MAC, the Matra Enthusiasts, the Peugeot Sport, the Renault Alpine Owners’ and the Vintage Sports Car Club (VSCC).

https://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/la-vie-en-bleu-italian-day

Prescott Hill Climb is about 8 miles from M5 J11

Alfaspecial

Ooo that looks good David, never been to Prescott ...yet :)[/QUOTE

Hi Nick,

Does look good, this review sums it up http://carwitter.com/2013/06/19/la-vie-en-bleu-a-thoroughly-french-affair/ "Nick Mason (that bloke from Pink Floyd) summed up the event as a mini Goodwood Festival of Speed; and he couldn’t have hit the nail on the head any squarer. Prescott is compact and bijou, but packs enough precious metal to keep even the pure blooded petrolheads entertained"
This review was for the 'Bleu' event..... this year is the first Italian / French event

Phil H

It's a long while since I was last at Prescott and it's a brilliant venue, especially when the sun shines. Sounds like a date for the diary.

PH

Alfaspecial

URGENT: Discount tickets

If anyone is interested in attending this event I have just purchased tickets for the Saturday (the Italian day- La Vita Rossa). The on-the-gate price is £20, if you buy in advance the price is £15 per ticket BUT if you use the code Gen16 when buying in advance you get a two-for-one price. ie £20 for TWO tickets - £10 each.
Bargain!

Ewan

I'm going on the Saturday, but I'm following the French theme and taking my Venturi. I'll be in the orchard area with the Renault Alpine club chaps.

Then I'll be back later in the summer in one of my Masers for the Club AGM and Concours.

Alfaspecial

I'm going on the Saturday, but I'm following the French theme and taking my Venturi. I'll be in the orchard area with the Renault Alpine club chaps.

Then I'll be back later in the summer in one of my Masers for the Club AGM and Concours.

Hi Ewan
I'm going on the Saturday too so I'll keep a look out for you.

Paul at the IAMC club has posted this for club members:
URGENT - La Vie en Bleu incorporating La Vita Rossa at Prescott on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 May 2016

The IAMC will have a display area near to the entrance gate.
“We have set up a reference code online for the Italian AutoMoto Club where members can book direct and choose which day they would like to attend. As long as they quote the code online they will get both the special offer and dedicated parking.
The code is: ITA16 and people can book via the Website: https://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/la-vie-en-bleu-italian-day or Telephone: 01242 673136.
The offer is buy two tickets for the price of one £20 – valid until 21 May. They need to quote the code to get the parking pass in the post. “
When you have booked please send an Email to paul@italianautomotoclub.co.uk telling me what day you have booked and which vehicle you will bring.

So, if you are a member of the IAMC & would like to attend and display on the club stand use the code ITA16, if you are not a member use the code Gen16 and you should get the discounted tickets. Closing date 21 May.

Perhaps the SportsItalia forum should have our own club display, either this year or in future?

Contigo

Sponsor
Very few Masers on the hill climb itself. Pitiful considering a full Ferrari Owners club session. Who organises it?

MrPea

Of course, you do have the Maserati Club agm there two weeks later, so that could explain fewer tridents.

Ebenezer

Well back from a fabulous day at Prescott. First time I've ever been to such an event and really enjoyed it. Very relaxed and compact and lots of lovely metal on show and the best bit - giving it the beans! Really great to hear and see the the cars under hard acceleration. Saw a few mazzas there and spoke to a couple of owners - not sure if they were SM'ers though. Saw Ewan's Venturi too - lovely. Had a chat with the lady driving the Lambourghini Muira and amongst plenty of other exotica, she has an Aston Martin Lagonda Special too! Never seen one in the flesh. Probably the only car more striking that the QP.....

Also saw the bird casge Maserati apparently owned by Nick Mason and a La Ferrari and a couple of Veyrons too.

A few poor pics of what was there
Eb

prescott-1.jpg
prescott-2.jpg
prescott-3.jpg
prescott-4.jpg
prescott-5.jpg
prescott-6.jpg
prescott-7.jpg
prescott-8.jpg
prescott-9.jpg
prescott-10.jpg

prescott-11.jpg

prescott-12.jpg

prescott-13.jpg

prescott-14.jpg

prescott-15.jpg
prescott-16.jpg
prescott-17.jpg
prescott-18.jpg
prescott-19.jpg
prescott-20.jpg
prescott-21.jpg
prescott-22.jpg
prescott-23.jpg
prescott-24.jpg
prescott-25.jpg
prescott-26.jpg

safrane

Back as well...smashing time had...sorry I did not see you or Ewan. We were parked up in the GS behind the Air Ambulance stand.

Have to say this is a SM event for next year even if we only do a parade lap during the intervals.

Alfaspecial

Brilliant event. Really enjoyed it. The whole 'vibe' really helped, the opera / Dean Martin tribute added a little 'something'.

Managed to get on the parade run. Was sandwiched between two Buggattis - one of which was the alloy/black one about £1.5m worth......... And then there was little me!
Have a look at Ebenezer's photos - we are just behind the Veyron in the second from last photo... probably my only claim to fame! Ever.

alfatwo

We had a nice day there too, there was a fantastic 1931 Castagna bodied Alfa 1750.. car of the day for me

We also came across this blue coloured some kind of 1980's Lotus looking French sports car thingy parked up with this lovely early Beige Renault 4 ...cant imagine who would want to own that ;)

Dave

alfatwo

Brilliant event. Really enjoyed it. The whole 'vibe' really helped, the opera / Dean Martin tribute added a little 'something'.

Managed to get on the parade run. Was sandwiched between two Buggattis - one of which was the alloy/black one about £1.5m worth......... And then there was little me!
Have a look at Ebenezer's photos - we are just behind the Veyron in the second from last photo... probably my only claim to fame! Ever.

David, your car looked brilliant..I cracked up reading your write up pinned to the steering wheel

Well done mate..

ps ,where did you get that "red" enamel Alfa badge from on the bonnet...the last time I saw one of those was on a 1953 Alfa factory 159 GP car at the Alfa museum in Arese ..

There made of unobtainium!

Dave