28/29 May 2016 Prescott Hill Climb - la Vita Rossa

Alfaspecial

David, your car looked brilliant..I cracked up reading your write up pinned to the steering wheel

Well done mate..

ps ,where did you get that "red" enamel Alfa badge from on the bonnet...the last time I saw one of those was on a 1953 Alfa factory 159 GP car at the Alfa museum in Arese ..

There made of unobtainium!

Dave

Thanks Dave, glad you enjoyed the write up.
The badge was a piece of luck. I bought it quite by chance at Beaulieu. I was looking for a AR badge for my 'special' and the first stall I came to, run by a Dutch guy - literally just after the event opened - had one at an exorbitant price - so I just smiled (with a cheeky grin) and said would he accept an offer of a tenner.....
'course he said 'No' and we got chatting. That was his first Beaulieu (he said) and I explained it was considered 'good luck' by sellers to give the first customer of the day a 'bargain'!
He laughed and said (try & read this with a strong Dutch accent) "In da Nedelands dey tell moy beaware of the cheeeky sodddd, English"
And took a tenner for it.

Bargain.

They are / were in production. You occasionally see the on flee-bay.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I think that Muira might have been at Pendle on Sunday - the driver looks like the same lady; only she had managed to ding the wing at some point in the preceding 24 hours.

safrane

That would be a shame...the body work was in concourse condition on Sat.

On a side note there was a 4200 manual of the competitors list for the Sunday...car from Morton in the Marsh.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Pics of the Muira from Sunday - wing damage in evidence. The same lady appears to be in the background. Apparently the car used to belong to Twiggy.

DSC_0120.jpgDSC_0121.jpgDSC_0124.jpg