Wiper Blades

fcz360

Sparky
Does anyone have any clue how to take the drivers side wiper off?? Its plastic and i know if i mess with it somethings going to snap!

conaero

Forum Owner
Frank from memory, to remove the wiper blade pull the arm vertical and turn the blade so it makes a T. Then you push the blade downwards and it should release. Check for a tab underneath that might need pushing at the joint if it does not release easy.

bigbob

I'm not particularly good at this sort of thing but replaced both my wipers in the autumn myself. The trick was to get the new ones first and study the mechanism on them. As Matt says there is the odd tab to push and the fittings for both sides were very different.

bigbob

I went OEM from main dealer, asked for a discount and got them delivered all in for £106. Happy with that. Would have been cheaper for a 'normal' car mind!

sofasurfer

I went OEM from main dealer, asked for a discount and got them delivered all in for £106. Happy with that. Would have been cheaper for a 'normal' car mind!

Blimey..I was expecting you replaced them with Bosch or another brand. I've just put my reg into Halford's site and it cannot find my car. Are GT's blades a speciality fit then?

CatmanV2

Blimey..I was expecting you replaced them with Bosch or another brand. I've just put my reg into Halford's site and it cannot find my car. Are GT's blades a speciality fit then?

Look like bog standard hooks to me. I'll check them soon

C

sofasurfer

That's good to know...so Bosch retro fit ones will fit. Will have to check out Euro Car Parts....don't think I want to spend over £100 on new blades.

MikeyMaser

That's good to know...so Bosch retro fit ones will fit. Will have to check out Euro Car Parts....don't think I want to spend over £100 on new blades.

Standard U hook
17" (425mm) passenger side http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/bosch-aerotwin-ar17u-wiper-blade/ £9.31
26" (650mm) driver side http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/bosch-heavy-duty-hgv-wiper-blade-ar65n-650mm-wiper-blade/ £15.48

Avoid the Maserati dealer tax and get better flat blade wipers... double win!

sofasurfer

EXCF350

Good luck with fitting because I had trouble on my GTS. The passenger side is a standard fitting but the drivers side, although it looks the same is not. I've gone through my old emails and found this:

I tried fitting the Bosch SP26S to the GranTurismo yesterday and unfortunately the fitting, although looking the same, is a slightly different size.
The Bosch (standard wiper) has a plastic insert width of 10.6mm whereas the GranTurismo one is 12.9mm
The Bosch (standard wiper) has a pin diameter of 4.0mm whereas the GranTurismo one is 4.9mm

fcz360

Sparky
wiperblades.co.uk are 60yards from my garage and they cant get one to fit. They said main dealer only!

I am going to remove it tomorrow to see what's different and see if I can change the blade only.