Fulvia

Wack61

Since its recent arrival

Why don't you find an nice warm country with no salted roads in the EU and do the same as he's done , find a nice car and make it a road trip

allandwf

Why? Pretty yes, but slow and from another era. Done the classic car thing and got the t shirt. My wifes Volvo was quicker than my old Merak!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Good friend had one a couple of years ago.
Think he was unlucky, every time he called around in it I had to rescue him on his way home, with one thing or another that had broken.
After 2 years he got a call from the garage he bought it from, they bought it back and immediately it was on a ship to Australia!
Shame he sold it really, it just needed a bit of attention to the fuel system mostly and it would have been fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 29

Wack61

Why? Pretty yes, but slow and from another era. Done the classic car thing and got the t shirt. My wifes Volvo was quicker than my old Merak!

It's all about the nostalgia , most modern cars will out perform all but the supercars of the 1960s and 1970s both in speed and handling but nothing turns heads like something that was on the roads when we were all kids, even a Morris Marina

philw696

They were the car on the Rally stages at WRC level with the 1600 HF in the late 60's and early 70's.
My father had loads of them looking after the Jolly Club ones on UK events.FB_IMG_1457121147795.jpg

philw696

My father being involved with the Italians and Motorsport got me the bug for both im pleased to say.

allandwf

It's all about the nostalgia , most modern cars will out perform all but the supercars of the 1960s and 1970s both in speed and handling but nothing turns heads like something that was on the roads when we were all kids, even a Morris Marina
I realise that, I've had a lot from a 1963 500D to a Lamborghini Espada. People look at them with rose tinted glasses as they tend to do with most things nostalgia based. Yes they do make people smile when they see them and it is nice to see survivors.

zagatoes30

The Fulvia is a sweet little car to own, even the 1.3S is willing to let that little V4 rev and for a front wheel drive they handle really well. On those bendy back lanes you will be surprised how well they go.