Project 3200

jluis

Where do you see the idle control valve?
I thought these cars controlled the idle with the throttle body alone.

philw696

Good work Phil.
As with the others looking forwards to seeing this progress you crazy fool.

Contigo

Sponsor
Wow, that was quick.
I have a new starter motor for mine for more than 6 months and have been too lazy to change it :)

Take your time with the Inlet manifold and get some replacement hex bolts just in case. I went to Unimaster and got 16 Black anodized replacement bolts with washers for reinstall. The Valeo motor which arrived didn't have a spade connector as per the old one so had to improvise with a loop connector instead of the spade. It cranked up right away

£70 bargain!

marios kriticos

SPONSOR: Autosheild
Phil ,replace your knock sensors while you have the inlet manifold off , if they are faulty it will have an effect on the engine performance .
They are not expensive .
Marios

Almichie

Great work Phil, I was thinking how on earth you managed to get the parts so fast and the answer was don't use Maserati or Eurospares!

Contigo

Sponsor
Great work Phil, I was thinking how on earth you managed to get the parts so fast and the answer was don't use Maserati or Eurospares!

Exactly mate, Chris has an account with about 3 suppliers and they had the Valeo motor in stock! The Discs were on the shelf thanks to this forum and the pads are Mintex.

Wack61

**** right I ordered 3 badges and an air filter from eurospares on the 26th March, they arrived this morning

I rang last week to be told they had to be ordered from Italy but I had no communication at all from them

jluis

**** right I ordered 3 badges and an air filter from eurospares on the 26th March, they arrived this morning

I rang last week to be told they had to be ordered from Italy but I had no communication at all from them

That kind of **** is one of the reasons I stopped ordering from them.
The other is that my main dealer orders parts from Italy every day and they are the same price as ES.

alfatwo

That kind of **** is one of the reasons I stopped ordering from them.
The other is that my main dealer orders parts from Italy every day and they are the same price as ES.

Or even cheaper with a stock order..

Dave

MAF260

I think Eurospares are generally cr@p. Poor customer service, slow and expensive delivery with zero updates. I've found some of them to be borderline rude and unhelpful on the phone and will only use them as a last resort. I prefer to use the MDs when I need something and they're rarely any different in pricing.

Almichie

I think Eurospares are generally cr@p. Poor customer service, slow and expensive delivery with zero updates. I've found some of them to be borderline rude and unhelpful on the phone and will only use them as a last resort. I prefer to use the MDs when I need something and they're rarely any different in pricing.

Quite sad really as with a little cheer, email/txt/phone call updates they could be excellent. Yes the postage is expensive but if that was the only flaw you'd put up with it.

It's all to easy to fall down on your face in a customer facing company - good news is hard to come by, bad news travels fast and rips what could be so good apart very quickly - our cars are few and far between...