Project 3200

Trev Latter

On the subject of parts, which MD do you guys think is best to use for mail order?

You're making good progress there Phil. Keep the reports coming.

Contigo

Sponsor
On the subject of parts, which MD do you guys think is best to use for mail order?

In the past I've used Meridien and Dick Lovett. Very good service from both.

If it's used parts then the only people I use are Stuart, David Askew and Greg (PPCP)

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I think Eurospares are generally cr@p. Poor customer service, slow and expensive delivery with zero updates. I've found some of them to be borderline rude and unhelpful on the phone and will only use them as a last resort. I prefer to use the MDs when I need something and they're rarely any different in pricing.

I use JCT600 Leeds.
They will happily try and match Eurospares prices, delivery is free because I can pick up from them being 45 mins away.

Never used Eurospares personally but guess useful if you are after an rare obsolete part or cheaper (in theory!) secondhand part from a breaker car.

philw696

For me when doing Project 4200 Dick Lovetts looked after me impeccably.
Fair play Phil your turning that 3200 around quickly.

Trev Latter

Thanks guys, much appreciated. The trouble for me is I'm at least 2 hrs away from the nearest dealer (and eurospares), so mostly postage is a must. I try to avoid used parts if at all possible, although as time goes on and new parts get more scarce I guess we'll have fewer options.

bill

I would change all hoses under the manifold with silicone ones. Good luck Phil!

rockits

Nice work Phil. Stop phaffing around & get on with it! What's the hold up....only joking that is super fast fast progress. The missus & kids not in your good books at the moment!

Love is the colour. It is one of my favourites for the 3200. Looks great with the contrast against the boomerangs.

midlifecrisis

Looking good, Phil, it's remarkable how quickly you're making progress. I take it you've not come across a knackered thread or rusted on bolt?

allandwf

Why can't I make progress like this on any of my projects? Mine take months if not years! lol

philw696

Certainly getting on with it.
Did it need any new metal putting in around the arches mate ?

Contigo

Sponsor
Certainly getting on with it.
Did it need any new metal putting in around the arches mate ?

Mainly surface rust Phil. Nothing a bit of filler can't sort.

Back from the spray shop.

image.jpg

Happy with the match considering there are 5 different shades of Alfieri. Once the other panels have been correction detailed it will look great.

conaero

Forum Owner
**** right I ordered 3 badges and an air filter from eurospares on the 26th March, they arrived this morning

I rang last week to be told they had to be ordered from Italy but I had no communication at all from them

Darren, I ordered oil filter, sump washers, wing badge set, nose badge, airfilter and 2 chrome dash vents from Meridiens on Wednesday at 3pm and they were delivered and on my desk by 9.30 the next day, and I bet I paid less than you. Speak to Ross and say your from the forum, you will be amazed at what they stock and the prices and the delivery speed. Dick Lovetts offer the same too.

It's a misconception that main dealer parts are expensive and ES are cheaper.