GS Prices

m1980k

Seems like the good cars still get snapped up quickly. The low mileage blue car that Nuvola had didn't hang around long and the light blue one that Dicky was selling only seemed to be advertised for a few days.

Will be interesting to see whether we get a similar situation to the housing market: fewer buyers, but fewer sellers (and signs of foreign buyers now stepping in to take advantage of the weak currency).

As for the outlook, I probably wouldn't be treating myself to a GS right now if I didn't already have one... But then neither will I be selling so I can upgrade to something else!

dem maser

As always, good cars will always go before the others......I have viewing a few GTVs and the ones i view seem to be the ones that have been around a long time and ill need another 2k to get to the budget needed for a good one.....

Ewan

I believe a sale has been agreed on the Bianco Fuji GS that came up a week or two back, so that hasn't hung around long either.

DevonPaul

When I was buying mine I kept a list of all the ads from around Jan/Feb 2013.

Mileage, colour, Trade or private (those from Dicky G had a special note), 4200 or GS, and price. I might still have it on an old flash drive if I can search it out.

From memory 4200s were around 12-18k, GSs 23-32k.

Is it of any interest, or is it a bit too historical?

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
And thers a new face lift 4200 in silver as well, miles in the 20ks

I picked up a lovely one owner 2007 4200 yesterday, they're becoming very hard to find nowadays. I used to sell far more than I have recently. It'll be <£20k too.

rockits

It is very very tough. Nothing is selling unless it is silly cheap or very very good. Anything caught in between is very very hard to shift at the moment it seems.

dickygrace

Only 6 GS's for sale on PH they are becoming a rare old beast.

We have sold 2 this week, they don't hang around long if they're good cars. I have had Modern Classics here this week doing an article on one of them. When they asked me about my thoughts on undervalued cars etc, I said I still think a good GS is an amazing car and has a good bit of appreciating to do in the next few years, I can see them at £50-60k in 5 years tops.

dickygrace

It is very very tough. Nothing is selling unless it is silly cheap or very very good. Anything caught in between is very very hard to shift at the moment it seems.

We've been just as busy as ever recently, although I will be quiet in August as I've not got much stock.

Spartacus

Its amazing how everyone who has got a GS keeps saying the prices are going to sky rocket ....... strange that ;P Trying to push the market are we ? ;P

I hear that nackered Audi Allroads are going to do the same .

dickygrace

Its amazing how everyone who has got a GS keeps saying the prices are going to sky rocket ....... strange that ;P Trying to push the market are we ? ;P

I hear that nackered Audi Allroads are going to do the same .

I don't own one, it makes no odds to me, I just think they're undervalued as they are such a great car for the money. They've gone up around 15% in the last 18 months.

rockits

I agree that GS's are cheaper than many other equivalent cars. They have definitely moved north the last year or two and if the other marques stay strong and move north the GS has further to go.

Decent facelift 4200's are becoming hard to find as well ;)