GS Prices

rockits

There is no wrong or right here....or there shouldn't be...although there seems to be a forced opinion.

Everybody wants different things and values a Maserati in different ways. Each to their own.

Dont get me wrong...I love driving...full stop...all cars. The GTi-6 went to work with me on Friday & got a fair spanking come back home. Even the XC90 has a fair turn of pace with 313bhp. Come to think of it none of my cars are lacking in pace.

I just don't do the miles in any car I once did as work 3-4 days a week at the home office. I'd prefer to be driving more but circumstances don't allow this unfortunately. Means that I like to vary my driving across various cars & that suits me fine.

Contigo

Sponsor
It's not wrong to allow each to do as they please Phil....

People can do as they please as you say, but it is IMO a complete waste of time and lack of experience to own such a car and sit there with a Cohiba in a heated garage just looking at the Giugiario svelte lines of the car. A coupe these days struggles to head turn so beauty is clearly in the eye of the beholder. For me owning a Maser is about driving it and letting other experience it and enjoy it too. The main reason we are selling our 3200 is simply because it is not used and we would rather have someone else enjoy it.

You can all keep dreaming that your coupe will suddenly double in value overnight but the crux of the matter is that it won't so enjoy it instead. Laughable that some on here have Owned for 5 years and done 5k miles! I've got to know rental cars better over 2 weeks on holiday!!!!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Laughable that some on here have Owned for 5 years and done 5k miles!

Referring to me then.
I have a company car for work, that I do on average 25K miles a year in.
I can't use my Maser or Stag for business miles, and if I did, I could not claim back the fuel, so it doesn't happen.
So the only time I can use either the Stag or the Maser is for my pleasure miles, mostly weekends, nice weather (where is the pleasure in using in **** weather just for the sake of it) shared between them approximately 2K a year.

Okay you say it is 'laughable', I say 1K a year is better than not owning at all! Yes?

rockits

Kind of my point really. For you it feels wrong but I have no issue in a couple of my cars doing 1k miles per year. I didn't buy the car to make money. I enjoy it whether I drive it or not.

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. That is why we all like/dislike different cars and things.

I like to be different in many ways and this is just one of them. It sits more than comfortably with me.

There is no issue here and that is the point. I am just saying let people have their own ideas, ideals and opinions then let them be. It doesn't have to be wrong or right.

I have driven 0 miles this weekend as worked on the workshop all day yesterday, then fixed the hot water in the house & installed an air con unit in the office today. I had not one minute spare to go for a drive although I would have loved to have done.

boomerang

In our case, the GS also has to compete with a R107 420SL on sunny days.
And for the work-to-home miles there is an Alfa and a Van.
The GS has a hard time, when the wife has a say in it; she loves to drive the SL, while she thinks the GS is the hectic and inspiring fun car...for the husband, not for her.
In practice this means that the GS hardly sees a passenger most of the time.

Personal circumstances simply are of great influence on the way we use our cars, that's what we can learn from the many replies in this topic.
And though the GS is being driven only occasionally, I hope to take care for the car for many years still.

urquattrogus

I used my 3200 for a site visit and it rewarded me by throwing it's rear numberplate off on the A12. Got the guys in the workshop to make up a temp plate.

When driving the Maser and Alfa for any length of time other cars feel so dull. All the more reason to drive them more :)

Ewan

Back on topic. Interesting to read that thread from 2011 saying that GS prices would go down and that mid 30's was too high for even an MCV or an as-new-super-low-mileage example. How times change!

BRR

My car has done just over 70k now and has tech cloth so is probably worth about 20k, but regardless of its worth I'd still use it as much as I can (20k in 3 years so far) the only drive I don't really use it on is the commute as it's not enjoyable to drive in heavy stop-start traffic. However I do also agree that owning a Maserati and the pleasure you take from I goes far beyond the driving of the car, they're a great ownership experience

bigbob

In 5 1/2 years I had mine I did over 43,000 Like any vehicle I own driven on the ragged edge the whole time unless it was in a traffic jam. Use it or loose it (I still managed to loose it!). I'm sure whatever I get will be treated to the same love and care :D

I believe in using them too. Done nearly 80,000 miles in the three I have owned.

Prefer driving my GranTurismo to talking about it!

safrane

I see Richard Grace has three new GSs on his books all with a strong price above £30k with the exception of a lovely blue one at late £20s.

Also noted a silver GS in Bristol for sale privately (but never seen it around town) again +£30k

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I see Richard Grace has three new GSs on his books all with a strong price above £30k with the exception of a lovely blue one at late £20s.

Also noted a silver GS in Bristol for sale privately (but never seen it around town) again +£30k

We've sold 5 in the last 6 weeks. They're great cars and we rarely get ones as good as the two we have here:

http://www.richardgracecars.co.uk/listing/maserati-gransport-8/

http://www.richardgracecars.co.uk/listing/maserati-gransport-le-17/

They're both very tight cars and immaculate too. The third one has reached our dedicated Facebook followers but I won't have time to list it til tomorrow.

Andyk

The silver one in Bristol looks lovely on that first picture Pete.......Not a fan of all the black leather in her but looks good all the same.

Is the bight blue one have blue and grey leather Dicky...?

we so few for sale these days prices are destined to go only one way I would say.....

2b1ask1

Special case
Steady prices for good examples indeed, the glass guide prices for Maserati are an absolute joke at the moment, it seriously lists 4200 around £6k and GS around £8k at the moment! I have to wonder who is setting values for them?

Needamaser

Steady prices for good examples indeed, the glass guide prices for Maserati are an absolute joke at the moment, it seriously lists 4200 around £6k and GS around £8k at the moment! I have to wonder who is setting values for them?

Glass/CAP have always had problems with premium marques. In my Porsche owning days it was exactly the same then as well. Would guess their values of likes of 355 and 360 are way off real world prices never mind 308/328 age range.

mikem

I can confirm that. When my 4200gt was written off in May, the insurance company offer was a paltry £9000 pounds which they told me was the Glass guide price.
Even though on Autotrader cars of the same year and mileage were being advertised for nearly twice that value.