Replacement buttons for an MC Shift - '1 and R'

azapa

watch out, I nearly selected the "used" item to my cart by mistake. I imagine that to be more worn than my 10k miles OCD version.

GeoffCapes

Well thats as clear as mud as to which one to order!

Since when do rubber buttons get called a Gearbox plate?

£126.32 for two buttons! Only Maserati.......

outrun

I did it myself, there are many hidden screws and clips but just be patient and it will be fine. You'll need to look under the rubber mats in the cupholders, under the ashtray too. Patience and gentleness and you'll manage it easily enough.

FA57GTA

I can't seem to see where to select the carbon fibre one? What is the cost of the carbon fibre one?
Thanks Tom

outrun

I can’t seem to see where to select the carbon fibre one? What is the cost of the carbon fibre one?
Thanks Tom

I got mine from Graypaul Edinburgh, their price was very reasonable however it's not carbon on my car. I know the carbon one is much more cash, i'd be tempted to order the standard black leatherette version and see if you can move the carbon piece. Not idea where you select on the Eurospares website though, I'd call them and order direct.

FA57GTA

Ok thanks I’ve called them and they are going to find out and let me know.
I don’t suppose anyone has got an old used carbon fibre one that they want to sell?
Thanks tom.

iainw

You would be very lucky to find a used one I think.
When I was Changing mine it was circa 130 notes for the leatherette one and almost 500 for the carbon one.

azapa

I'm guessing Tom is after the carbon shroud bit to put on a new standard unit? A used selector would have worn buttons for sure.
If you had the standard part in your hand, that carbon covering wrap would probably look almost perfect. 3M make it. There are some great tutorials on YouTube.

FA57GTA

Yes plan would be to buy new cheaper leather one and put the new buttons in an old carbon fibre unit.....that’s if someone has one that they would like to part with!?
I wouldn’t want to wrap it, might not look right?
Thanks tom

iainw

Yes plan would be to buy new cheaper leather one and put the new buttons in an old carbon fibre unit.....that’s if someone has one that they would like to part with!?
I wouldn’t want to wrap it, might not look right?
Thanks tom

Wrapping it would indeed look ridiculous (if it was possible) as the faux leather one is rounded padded and relatively soft whereas the carbon one is angular and a different shape.

Tucker85

I did it myself, there are many hidden screws and clips but just be patient and it will be fine. You'll need to look under the rubber mats in the cupholders, under the ashtray too. Patience and gentleness and you'll manage it easily enough.

Hi,
I realise this was posted a couple of years ago but I am doing this myself at the moment and getting stuck with removing the panel to replace the gearbox plate.

I’ve located and removed the four screws (two under the cup holders, one under the ice drive button and one under the ash tray) have I missed any?

I’ve also gently prized the panel away from the housing apart from the top right corner by the ash tray where it just doesn’t want to come off - have I missed something?!

Any help would be appreciated, I gave up earlier as I didn’t want to damage anything by excessively pulling at it!

Once it is removed is it simple enough to remove the gearbox plate and install the new one?

Thanks

outrun

Hi,
I realise this was posted a couple of years ago but I am doing this myself at the moment and getting stuck with removing the panel to replace the gearbox plate.

I’ve located and removed the four screws (two under the cup holders, one under the ice drive button and one under the ash tray) have I missed any?

I’ve also gently prized the panel away from the housing apart from the top right corner by the ash tray where it just doesn’t want to come off - have I missed something?!

Any help would be appreciated, I gave up earlier as I didn’t want to damage anything by excessively pulling at it!

Once it is removed is it simple enough to remove the gearbox plate and install the new one?

Thanks

I don't know which model you have although probably won't help as it was ages ago that I did it! I had an MC Stradale. Perhaps take a really close look at the diagrams which you can find here,

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/...rs/accessory-console-and-centre-console-55726

And see what you can see, if that makes sense.

It's probably a hidden screw or a tight fit panel clip that is making you fear that you will break it if you pull too hard.

Lavazza

Is anyone on here actively pursuing an improved alternative to the 1/R buttons?
(Checking before I order any).