GS ... How much ? Wtf

conaero

Forum Owner
Dunno, GS prices are starting to go, it only takes a few and the whole market will jump.

GS's are very undervalued still.

safrane

So thats two of these ex racing drivers cars in one week... €50,000 is a bit optimistic for just a cill guard on a non LE car even with the low miles.

conaero

Forum Owner
I wonder why you would say that lol

Agreed, I have one yes, but they are rare, track focused, Italian and a Ferrari V8. Even a Fiat Dino has gone silly money. MCV and GS Spiders have already gone, the GS will follow hence why I am keeping her for now as I know if I chop her in for a Strad, I'll be kicking myself in a couple of years...and I love the drive.

I may get a Strad with a large balloon payment and keep the GS aswell. Only downside of that is the Alfa Spider would have to go.

I have also had 5 Maseratis now, 3200, GranSport, GranTurismo S MC, 4200 Spider and back to a GS.

The GS is the car for me that is the best of that lot.

alfatwo

I just don't understand why we always under value our cars. The 3200,4200 and GS Maser's are fantastic cars and should be well up in to the 30k's by now..

Dave

allandwf

^ I totally agree. I had a Fiat Dino ( 2.4 Coupe,), nice enough car, reasonable V6. But rusty and slow, £30-£40k now! One of those or a GS no contest, no one seems to be shouting they are way over priced. Our cars are absolute bargains at present. I think we become used to current prices.

iainw

So thats two of these ex racing drivers cars in one week... €50,000 is a bit optimistic for just a cill guard on a non LE car even with the low miles.

If the owner is too stingy to get chips away to repair a dint in the side - I dread to think how the mechanicals have been looked after.
Who could leave a dint in a maserati - especially one you are trying to sell.

safrane

I just don't understand why we always under value our cars. The 3200,4200 and GS Maser's are fantastic cars and should be well up in to the 30k's by now..

Dave

Most are close to 30k now but 45k for a basic car is just chancing it...if it had been raced by him or has some other provenance maybe; but these were just sponsored cars and worth no more or less than a standard car.

However if Im wrong I will gladly welcome the first person to offer me £30k for my GS.

Rwc13

They're worth that all day long - just needs people to stop talking them down. A basic car? What it has a 1.8 engine and only 4 gears? I thought all Gransports were the same in terms of the things that are really important to a driver. Didn't realise there was a basic one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andyk

Most are close to 30k now but 45k for a basic car is just chancing it...if it had been raced by him or has some other provenance maybe; but these were just sponsored cars and worth no more or less than a standard car.

However if Im wrong I will gladly welcome the first person to offer me £30k for my GS.

45k Pete...They want 52k buy it now........As said before buy a MC Victory and pocket some cash...It will be worth far more in the long run.

safrane

Whoops...thought it was in Euros like the last one.

Whilst we are all entitled to an opinion I will still say that today a basic car (No extras and standard spec) is no worth £52k. If they were then all dealers would have then at that price and most people would buy a 4.7 GT instead or if they wanted the nimbleness a Ferrari.

However I respect that others do believe the cars are a good buy at current market rates and that they may go up with time to reflect that. However as Maseratis tend to be driven, the miles will impact on values just like they do on all other desirable cars.

Rwc13

If somebody wanted a GS because of, say, their rarity and subtlety, then why would they buy a 4.7GT or Ferrari instead for similar money? Spoken by somebody who doesn't really like his GS and aspires to a 4.7GT? And what Ferrari for £45k or £52k are you talking about? A 348?

And this mileage thing is true at the very top end. But there are lots of classic Porsches with high mileages that don't seem to be hugely value affected. Maybe that's the illusion of supposedly reliable Porsches that can take the miles. But there are plenty of high mileage Maseratis around on here - they can take the mileage too. And in my experience Porsches are no more reliable or less costly to maintain than Maseratis.

Fact is some people on here seem to like to talk values down and reliability issues up, all of which impacts perceived value in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andyk

Dont think Pete is talking values down to be honest.....Its just a fact that a good GS is now selling for 30k plus and I would imagine they will continue to rise over time.......AT this moment in time a standard car no matter who has owned it at 52k is a bit ambitious.....Thats more than a good MC Victory that would be a better long term bet.