4200 respray pictures

CatmanV2

Thanks Chris , what exotic hire car are you in at the moment, I dread to think how much that turn of a key is costing their insurance company

Audi A8 TDI Quattro. Not a bad car at all, although it's about the same size as Belgium and much much faster than anything that size has any real right to be.

Fingers crossed mine will be ready on Saturday!

C

Wack61

I've posted the pictures on a number of forums , on one non motoring forum one of the comments was

That's one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen, looks like a Toyota

Now he may live in a posh village full of nice cars or may just never go out to see ugly cars but really, one of the ugliest

Wack61

The guy who cuts my hair was telling me one of his customers told him he had a Chrysler 300C ( hateful thing, rented one in florida took it back after 2 days, couldn't stand it any more) anyway

He laughed as he was cutting his hair and said I saw one of those and some sad git had put a Bentley grille and badges on it

Silence for the rest of the haircut

Wack61

Well that came as a surprise, the number plates on my car have spent the last 3 years on a unused car so they are really tatty

I went to the local parts store to get a price £33 with the GB logo on, problem is I don't want Billy bobs auto store written on them so I took a deep breath and rang Bowker Maserati

Bit stunned when he said £25 Inc vat for the pair

Wack61

Superb job. Great pics. Portsmouth is a tad to far for me though. ;)

You know, I thought the same, a 500 mile round trip , I know forfar is a lot further but one of the reasons I'm glad I did is

We'd agreed to leave the front bumper on to keep the costs down but when he sent me the pictures of it in the spray booth it was off which is a lot of extra work

When I asked why he said it wouldn't have been right painting it with the bumper on , how many bodyshops would have just blown it over, a high percentage I'd guess

Wack61

Yesterday I did most of the reassembly, been trying to get at it for days but the weather has been awful

I was at it until 9:30pm, one thing I did notice, when I'm gardening, or decorating, or doing DIY Mrs Wack is very attentive, do you want a coffee, biscuit, sandwich etc

Yesterday, out in the cold laying on the ground for hours, nothing at all :(

Did the door cards and some bits round the boot , decided as all the wheel bolts want seeing to, the arch liners aren't in properly plus a few other bits want doing under the bonnet to do with spinny round bits beyond my capabilities I'm taking it to the garage on Tuesday, I'm too old for crawling about on the floor in the rain

Took it to oulton park today and it got a lot of admiring looks , the dateless plate coupled with the condition is throwing people because it looks like a new car

Drove home through Stockton Heath called " the village" by the locals, (they think it's posh because it was actually in Cheshire before the county borders moved) to many admiring glances , good job I didn't get out because I looked a sight covered in mud from tramping round a very muddy oulton park plus I'm a scruffy ******* anyway.

safrane

I have family in Bramhall who still try and convince all that they live in Cheshire rather than being part of Stockport and Greater Manchester...I always ensure their Christmas card is addressed correctly.

Wack61

I have family in Bramhall who still try and convince all that they live in Cheshire rather than being part of Stockport and Greater Manchester...I always ensure their Christmas card is addressed correctly.

We used to have friends that lived "the right side of the water" the water being the Manchester ship canal

Used to be being the key words

At the time a terraced house was 80% of the cost of a 4 bed detached on the wrong side so they were welcome to live there

Wack61

First Polish today, shines like a diamond

I've also decided to take my environmental responsibilities seriously now I'm a maserati owner so I'm actively lowering my carbon footprint

Attachments

• 20160504_195016.jpg
    20160504_195016.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 35
  • 20160504_184359.jpg
    20160504_184359.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Complete bollox. Carbon footprint is the concern of Prius owners, not men. If your mower pushes out more carbon than a V8 (and I'm sure my old Webb does) who, really, gives a sh!t? I, for one, certainly don't and neither should you. Grow a pair Princess.