4200 respray pictures

Wack61

I thought I'd start a new thread with these in the first post so they don't get lost in the other thread

For those that don't know my 4200 wasn't bad but it had a number of imperfections, body damage and some rust

Conearo recommended a coachworks in Portsmouth so I took it down

This is the result, I'm blown away by the quality of the work which included the badly kerbed wheels

If you want paintwork doing it's well worth the trip to Portsmouth, Phill is a professional with a keen eye for detail, he only works one way, it's right or it doesn't get done.

Phil doesn't fill rust so the section round the rear lights was cut out as was the bottom of the rear arches, passenger door had damage and the aerial hole was a mess so that's gone completely

it was a 500 mile round trip for me and I'd do it again without hesitation if I needed anything else painting

excuse my rusty nuts :D

Wack61

I'm just on my way to costco to get the tyres changed, I hope the wheels still look like that in a couple of hours

Contigo

Sponsor
Looks like new, great job.

Get the sprogs nuts and some nice Chrome tyre valves as they are the only thing which let it down now. Did you get some forum brake discs on order too?

Wack61

It had discs not too long ago so I'm hoping they'll last for a bit but I'm sure now it looks as good as it sounds i'll be finding excuses to drive it more

maverick

Looking superb , and now the paranior to set in ( washing it with out putting swirls in it , the first stone chip ,parking dings , the list goes on ) .

Wack61

Just back from having the Pilot Sport 4s fitted

I have never noticed such a transformation with any car I've ever owned

On the way to costco I purposely went up the M6 to see if it was still as bad as it was last week , tramlining was awful throwing the car about between lanes, didn't like the truck ruts at all making it almost impossible to drive on the inside Lane

On the way back It's a car transformed , no tramlining at all and it feels really planted on the road

It's never going to handle like the impreza did but everybody and I mean everybody notices it, a van driver even lowered his window to listen to the exhaust as I went past

I wanted a QP initially but that phase has passed , this is without doubt a keeper

Contigo

Sponsor
Just back from having the Pilot Sport 4s fitted

I have never noticed such a transformation with any car I've ever owned

On the way to costco I purposely went up the M6 to see if it was still as bad as it was last week , tramlining was awful throwing the car about between lanes, didn't like the truck ruts at all making it almost impossible to drive on the inside Lane

On the way back It's a car transformed , no tramlining at all and it feels really planted on the road

It's never going to handle like the impreza did but everybody and I mean everybody notices it, a van driver even lowered his window to listen to the exhaust as I went past

I wanted a QP initially but that phase has passed , this is without doubt a keeper

And wait until you get the alignment done properly!

Wack61

Prior to getting the tyres fitted I thought that was one of the problems but the tyres that came off were at 2mm and worn perfectly evenly , do you think it'll still want doing

Contigo

Sponsor
Prior to getting the tyres fitted I thought that was one of the problems but the tyres that came off were at 2mm and worn perfectly evenly , do you think it'll still want doing

I can't say as I don't know when the alignment was last done. Usually a tell tale sign is uneven tyre wear on the inners but it's worth getting done if the car is fidgety. It sounds like yours is ok if it's well planted and probably also benefits from Craigs tie rods.

Wack61

I've reached the budget limit for this month anyway plus there's plenty to put back on and the interior needs a good clean so I'll be busy for a bit , didn't know it has Craig's tie rods on , I'll have to go through this box of receipts Chris gave me to see what's been done

CatmanV2

I never had a full geometry set up. Alignment was done the same time as the track rods. It'll be an F1 receipt. I suspect summer 2015

C

Wack61

Thanks Chris , what exotic hire car are you in at the moment, I dread to think how much that turn of a key is costing their insurance company