How to check a car's history / model type with the Maserati factory?

Hi all, how do I go about checking with the Maserati factory whether or not my Ghibli is an MY 94/ABS or a GT?

A very learned member here has already said it's an early GT (and I believe if anyone would know then he does). But another source isn't sure.

It's a 1996 model. My fuel line enters the engine from the right side (if sitting in car) a feature of the GT (enters from the opposite side in the MY 94/ABS model). Although my fuel line is rubber (in keeping with early GTs) not braided steel. Mine has the dummy fuel cap but apparently very early GTs still had this. But crucially mine has the Ferrari 456 differential with the tubular steel frame and not the earlier MY 94/ABS Maserati differential with separate oil-cooler.

So perhaps I had better check with the factory*, but how?

*Assuming they'd know for sure or have records that far back?!

spacecadet

The Ferrari differential is a pretty clear warrant for being a GT.

I contacted my local Maserati distributor if they can ask the factory for any info for my car based on the VIN number. In 5 days (vacation period during summer) I got a document with all the information they had available: chassis #, vehicle type, engine #, delivery date, warranty start / end date, external and internal colour codes. Not so much, but still better then nothing.

Btw, I think reading somewhere about the callback for those rubber fuel lines back then, they can deteriorate because of the heat. You should change it to the steel braided ones.

Quick update and a conclusion (these threads so often start but rarely have an outcome). Thanks very much to dickygrace who provided a valuable avenue of enquiry.

On top of that I approached the classic archives / after sales department at Maserati who were very helpful but due to a lack of documentation were unable to officially confirm or deny the car is an early GT. However, they did provide some other interesting background info for my car.

So on the advice of our very own dickyb (font of all Ghibli II knowledge) I approached Enrico Pederzoli who was most helpful (he had the car in his excellent register already from when it lived in Japan) and confirmed categorically (which to be fair dickyb had already) that she is indeed an early GT and all the rarer for it. Great result :)

Yes Wack, it was due to an insured value being required for a new policy that the investigation originally started. All good now.