The Low Loader Thread

spyder

Had a very close call today, but all worked out OK in the end (bar some minor sunburn whilst waiting!)
20160508_140802[1].jpg

zagatoes30

The ABS ecu has been throwing errors on and off since the blast round Milbrook but now is permanently triggered so that needs to be replaced. Also we have decided to pull the heater box out and sort the leak as it seems to be more than the blocked overflow pipe.

The recovery truck is from the AA they now have eight of these for moving prestige cars rather than dragging them on a normal yellow flatbed. The drivers are trained by Porsche, Ferrari & McLaren so know what they are doing and are very careful with these types of cars. Once they had confirmed that the errors couldn't be cleared they were happy to book a collection and delivery to Emblem which saved me a trip.

MrPea

The recovery truck is from the AA they now have eight of these for moving prestige cars rather than dragging them on a normal yellow flatbed. The drivers are trained by Porsche, Ferrari & McLaren so know what they are doing and are very careful with these types of cars. Once they had confirmed that the errors couldn't be cleared they were happy to book a collection and delivery to Emblem which saved me a trip.

Wow! That's impressive. Do you have just "normal" home start recovery, or have to have anything special on your policy? Did you know about the truck before needing it?

I wonder if any of the other recovery groups do this...

MrPea

Oh and your car sounds very pleasant indeed. It was fired up to drive it back into the lockup for the weekend as I was waiting for a lift to the station.

zagatoes30

Wow! That's impressive. Do you have just "normal" home start recovery, or have to have anything special on your policy? Did you know about the truck before needing it?

I wonder if any of the other recovery groups do this...

Normal Home Start and no we didn't know about these special covered trucks but we do now.

Ebenezer

When mine was evacuated to Emblem by the AA a couple of years ago, they masked the number plates to spare my blushes!
Eb

MrPea

This is me now. Radiator hose from the engine to the rad went pop. Yay, lovely start to the holiday. The Maser would have been more reliable.
cceb47c7039be60b26bedf041fd285a3.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Noooo! Sorry to see that, Stevie. Best of luck for a speedy repair and you'll be on your way again.