The Low Loader Thread

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I assume that's what the skipping about was? Did you have it diagnosed to any particular side or front/back? Which links?

I already knew the bushes were worn and the links were nearing replacement before I noticed the skipping about. Seemed mostly to be a back end shimmy (Dem) on broken surfaces and under heavy braking, but could have been all about the front suspension. I'm just hoping this work, which was due anyway, plus the consequent alignment will fix it.

Contigo

Sponsor
I already knew the bushes were worn and the links were nearing replacement before I noticed the skipping about. Seemed mostly to be a back end shimmy (Dem) on broken surfaces and under heavy braking, but could have been all about the front suspension. I'm just hoping this work, which was due anyway, plus the consequent alignment will fix it.

I've had new tyres, alignment and mine still moves under heavy load and tramlines, had it on MOT shaker front and back and nothing loose or worn, I'm at a loss. Might have to try Pirelli's on there as recommended by Maser as that's all it can be now.

jasst

I've had new tyres, alignment and mine still moves under heavy load and tramlines, had it on MOT shaker front and back and nothing loose or worn, I'm at a loss. Might have to try Pirelli's on there as recommended by Maser as that's all it can be now.
Thought you said Pirelli's were s***e ? LOL.

GeoffCapes

Have you had your suspension bushes looked at?

StuartW

Have you tried Michelin PS? I honestly believe that Pirelli would be a backward step for you
Also, have you checked for a buckled wheel or a mis-shaped tyre side wall?

GeoffCapes

Have you tried Michelin PS? I honestly believe that Pirelli would be a backward step for you

Michelin PS's will be going on my GTS in a couple of months when rear tyres will be changed that's for sure!

Contigo

Sponsor

There seem to be many different versions of the Michelin tyre please can you send me one for the Maser?

GeoffCapes

There seem to be many different versions of the Michelin tyre please can you send me one for the Maser?

Pilot Sport 4 isn't available for the GTS yet (I asked the woman at Le Mans and is confirmed by their website) so you have the Pilot Sport 3 (still excellent)

With Black Circles they're £238 for the rears and £216 for the fronts.

Wack61

If you read up on Michelin tyres the PS4 is a sports tyre , from what I read the PS3 isn't , bizarrely it wasn't a replacement for the PS2 , PS4 was based on the super sport , I believe the PS3 is a development of the primacy.

If buying Michelin you want the super sports or pilot sport 4-S if they're available in the right size which is the latest version of the PS4

I did loads of research before deciding on a set of Yokohama AD08R for the MX5 and the grip is excellent , I put PS4 on the 4200 and they transformed it , tramlining went away completely

The new PS4-S is currently only available in 19" & 20" as it's aimed at supercar drivers , it's getting rave reviews

http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-pilot-sport-4-s#sl

StuartW

From what I have heard the PS4 is an excellent tyre. I know that Athol did loads of research too when buying a set for his Stradale and I will be following suit as soon as I need to switch.
I have them on my little Abarth and whilst a very different car, the difference from the P Zero Neros it was previously wearing was night & day

Trev Latter

I've just put a set of PS4 on the Giulietta and whilst I haven't driven it in full anger yet, there's a noticeable improvement over the Contisport 5s it had previously. Very impressed.

Ewan

IMG_5029.jpg

IMG_5037.jpg

Unscheduled dump of fluids on the way to the office in the Venturi this morning. Another embarrassing appearance in the thread of shame.

StuartW

Oh dear, sorry to see that Ewan - I hope a part is available to fix that rare beast of yours

Ewan

On the plus side, my business partner is at John Holland in Sheffield as I type, collecting a stunning 599 GTB. So there'll be a new toy to play with in the office tomorrow while the Venturi gets fixed.