New top gear trailer is out . Start the end of the month

Klive

Well I caught up on this and I felt I've wasted another hour of my life. It became very tiresome of CE shouting and encouraging the crowd as if it was a X factor type of show. Very disappointing.

Spartacus

It will be fine once they have bedded in . Not keen on CE but i can bear him . I think Matt will be really good on this show . I like his sense of humour , and he is at ease on location and peices to camera due to being an actor .

rossyl

Matt Le Blanc was great. His studio presenting needs to improve, but his comic timing is hilarious and the new Ariel Nomad filming was brilliant.
Also, he really doesn't hang around, he drives quick, and is clearly a lot more gung ho than any of the current or previous presenters. That dust cloud!

Chris Evans has a high pitched voice and is constantly shouting. It sounds awful. He gesticulates too much for TV.

The show is a bit too similar to the original.

The new track for the celebrity bit is great!

I'll continue to watch.

c4sman

Matt Le Blanc was great. His studio presenting needs to improve, but his comic timing is hilarious and the new Ariel Nomad filming was brilliant.
Also, he really doesn't hang around, he drives quick, and is clearly a lot more gung ho than any of the current or previous presenters. That dust cloud!

Chris Evans has a high pitched voice and is constantly shouting. It sounds awful. He gesticulates too much for TV.

The show is a bit too similar to the original.

The new track for the celebrity bit is great!

I'll continue to watch.

Agree with all of this. I would only add that I think it is a big mistake to literally try to impersonate Clarkson throughout the programme with the same words and style for links etc. That is just really strange! although they should follow the format, it needs its own personality.

RSM Masser

Wasn't really impressed - its just too same same same, as previous Top Gear.
A little bit more thought into making it slightly different, by both BBC and presenters and it could be a winning formula again.
To blindly follow JC and Co will lead to them rubbing their hands in glee and saying "I told you so, cant do it without us then?"
On the flip side imitation is the highest form of compliment.

I don't fancy the hammerhead after its been muck spread by that mini!

hoyin

I watched extra gear. Which I thought was much better and actually how the show should be.

Chris Harris needs to loosen up a bit but he was great driving the Nomad.

I can see Top Gear dying and extra gear taking over.

Spartacus

yeah i dont like this trend of doing extra and after shows.Its like a poor relation . Heres an idea . Just make the bloody program better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dem maser

I watched extra gear. Which I thought was much better and actually how the show should be.

Chris Harris needs to loosen up a bit but he was great driving the Nomad.

I can see Top Gear dying and extra gear taking over.
That's what I thought
I enjoyed extra gear .....potential to be a proper car show

Trev Latter

Extra Gear was pretty much ok, but as for the shouty orange haired fellow, get rid of him, along with the silliness. I'm pretty sure that perfect car picture had been on TG before with the old team?

m1980k

I also preferred Extra Gear. I think they should have taken a risk and gone with Rory Reid, Chris Harris and Sabine for the main show. MLB was good, but a bit aloof - not sure how he'll integrate with the others. Clarkson, Hammond and May could all be the butt of jokes. I suspect you will just never get the right kind of chemistry between a veteran entertainment tv presenter and a laid back actor. You need new talent that develops with the show and the show develops with them.

LDM 3200

So despite all the moaning it seems that if you take both "Top Gear" and "Extra Gear" together the team has tried to offer a bit more than just the old format, they have also got a host that is liked / disliked as the previous main host. Looks like they are in a good starting place for it to evolve into a decent car / entertainment show.

conaero

Forum Owner
I am going to watch extra gear now but considering this is/was BBC's highest grossing TV show I expected much more.

Will Clarkson etal be back for a third time?

Does anyone know how long his terrestrial TV car show block runs for?

LDM 3200

I just feel it is a bit of a poisoned chalice.

This episode was not great by any means and nowhere near as good as the old team at their best, but far better than at there worst and equal too / better than many of there later episodes. I have no doubt it has the potential to grow into a good show that cold well surpass the previous team, the big question is will it be allowed to?

conaero

Forum Owner
Just watched the ExtraGear. Far from perfect but better. I liked the two of them sat down discussing car news. Rory is a bit of a rabbit in the headlights but probably nerves and should settle down after time.

I do really like Chris Harris though, he's one of us.

Andyk

He is Matt, had a few conversations with him and he is down to earth and a true petrol head....

LDM 3200

I always thought his pieces were a little dull athough informative, hopefully he will get more involvement as things progress.

Some years go I was told (by someone in the industry) that JC was not very well regarded by many motoring jounalists and had that a lot of his pieces often required quite a bit work to make right.

Wack61

It was always going to get a lot of viewers, there's barely a car show on terrestrial TV any more, you can't tell how well it went from how many watched it