TPMS for Maserati GT

Classico

So I've been quoted $A1520 (750 pounds) for four new TPMS sensors for the GT from the official dealership here in Oz.

Does anyone know if these can be had for less?

Wack61

Can't help with maserati but to show how expensive they are they sell a retro fit kit for any car in costco for £170 which includes 4 tyre valves and all the electronics so the sensors must cost about £20 each

philw696

To get them working on a Maserati the id number of the sensor has to be programmed into the TPMS control unit.
If you want the warning light out and the pressures to be displayed you have to use genuine sensors unless knows any different.

rivarama

To get them working on a Maserati the id number of the sensor has to be programmed into the TPMS control unit.
If you want the warning light out and the pressures to be displayed you have to use genuine sensors unless knows any different.

I love this forum!!

rivarama

Hi Rob - do you a good Indy close by? Also did you have your exhaust mod done already? If so how does it sound?

Wack61

It's a pity you can't buy non genuine sensors just to get the light to go out for 10% of the cost.

IMO it's a crazy situation where a car will fail the MOT because such an unnecessary item is fitted to a car , in years to come on more mundane cars a TPS light on will write a car off because the sensors cost more than the car is worth

bigbob

I read on maseratilife.com a while back that someone had found non-OEM sensors that they got to work. Try a search and please report back. Out of interest is that eight years your first set have lasted?

PS On reflection is it mileage rather than age that is more relevant to battery life?

Classico

Hi Rob - do you a good Indy close by? Also did you have your exhaust mod done already? If so how does it sound?

G'day. Yep Larini X-pipe done. Love it. Great crackle to the exhaust on the overrun.

I do have a good Indie but thinking he's going to source the part from Maserati anyway so I'll be in the same boat price wise.

Classico

I read on maseratilife.com a while back that someone had found non-OEM sensors that they got to work. Try a search and please report back. Out of interest is that eight years your first set have lasted?

PS On reflection is it mileage rather than age that is more relevant to battery life?

I've only had the car Bob for 18 months so guessing they must be the factory originals.

Tried a search here, will see what transpires.

StuartW

It's a pity you can't buy non genuine sensors just to get the light to go out for 10% of the cost.

IMO it's a crazy situation where a car will fail the MOT because such an unnecessary item is fitted to a car , in years to come on more mundane cars a TPS light on will write a car off because the sensors cost more than the car is worth

That really is a crazy thought & personally, if I had them I don't think I would trust them anyway. I went to look at a new Renault last year and I was looking at the engine & couldn't see an oil dipstick anywhere. I asked and was told there isn't one, a light will show on the display if you need to top up. And what about checking the colour of the oil I asked - let us worry about that I was told.
No thanks, too much tech is not a good thing in my opinion

bigbob

That really is a crazy thought & personally, if I had them I don't think I would trust them anyway. I went to look at a new Renault last year and I was looking at the engine & couldn't see an oil dipstick anywhere. I asked and was told there isn't one, a light will show on the display if you need to top up. And what about checking the colour of the oil I asked - let us worry about that I was told.
No thanks, too much tech is not a good thing in my opinion

They work fine and I find them very useful. Plenty of
other electronics to worry about in a Maser!

CatmanV2

It's been reported on Maserati Life that non-oem sensors work fine. They should be on the parts list.

HUF BERU RDE001 TPMS tyre pressure sensor

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/tpms/huf_beru_tpms_sensors

C

outrun

As per the link Bob (see you Sunday by the way), they fit all Maseratis. Just call them and they will ensure that they are supplying the correct part. Also fit all Ferrari too. Very high quality, no issues at all.

Mr K

It's been reported on Maserati Life that non-oem sensors work fine. They should be on the parts list.

HUF BERU RDE001 TPMS tyre pressure sensor

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/tpms/huf_beru_tpms_sensors

C

Spot on - I got these put on the parts list. The mis-information appearing in this thread is scary! HUF/BERU is the OEM manufacturer and these just work, no coding required. Aerial in each wheel arch is how it's done...

CatmanV2

Spot on - I got these put on the parts list. The mis-information appearing in this thread is scary! HUF/BERU is the OEM manufacturer and these just work, no coding required. Aerial in each wheel arch is how it's done...

Well Phil works for Maserati dealers in NZ, so he's almost certainly right, but looking at a different case

C

CatmanV2

Well Phil works for Maserati dealers in NZ, so he's almost certainly right, but looking at a different case

C

Mr K

C

No excuses then! I dare say he'll check his facts and be along shortly to correct his generalisation :)