Clutch clunk

maseratimike7

Hi,

This is probably a stupid question but is it normal for the car to make a clunk sound from the rear gearbox everytime a gear is engaged?

I hear it more prominently when reversing everytime I apply the accelerator?

Thanks

Mike

conaero

Forum Owner
If it's going in ok wouldn't be too concerned but it would sound like the gearbox needs connecting to SD and put the gearbox reset it's peramiters and set the PIS to 4.5-4.8

maseratimike7

If it's going in ok wouldn't be too concerned but it would sound like the gearbox needs connecting to SD and put the gearbox reset it's peramiters and set the PIS to 4.5-4.8

Thanks, it engages fine moving forwards but just makes the noise. It does sometimes fall out of reverse gear when reversing if I don't constantly apply the throttle, not sure if this is normal?

maseratimike7

Just an update when in sport mode and changing aggressively between 4,5 and 6th I hear the clunk get a violent shunt and a longer delay between the change than with the lower gears. My clutch ware is only 9% and my current setting 4.7 PIS.

Do you think this requires further adjustment or could there be something more serious happening?

Any advice appreciated!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk