R99 NNA - 2002 Maserati 4200

alpinatom

Hi all,

Eagerly looking forward to my first maserati, pick up on Friday.

2002, 4200 Med Blue (I Think?!) Cambiocorsa, with sports exhaust, cream leather interior.

Looked at a couple of cars but this stood out for age, appearance, service history etc.

It has a private plate on it included in the sale, as above, R99 NNA. Does anyone have any experience with this car before? Have also found out this car was wrapped in matt silver for a year about two years ago. Strange, but the blue paintwork is in good nic due to this.

Anyway, will post pics when I pick her up, great forum and look forward to meeting you guys at some of the events.

media-2.jpgmedia.jpg

alfatwo

Hi all,

Eagerly looking forward to my first maserati, pick up on Friday.

2002, 4200 Med Blue (I Think?!) Cambiocorsa, with sports exhaust, cream leather interior.

Looked at a couple of cars but this stood out for age, appearance, service history etc.

It has a private plate on it included in the sale, as above, R99 NNA. Does anyone have any experience with this car before? Have also found out this car was wrapped in matt silver for a year about two years ago. Strange, but the blue paintwork is in good nic due to this.

Anyway, will post pics when I pick her up, great forum and look forward to meeting you guys at some of the events.

View attachment 36917View attachment 36918

Your cars looking good Tom...enjoy, I shouldn't worry about the plate, my old 3200GT has had four reg's up to the one it has now

Dave

midlifecrisis

Hi Tom, unless I'm mistaken, the colour is Argentine Blue. I'd have to see it in the flesh to be sure.
Looks in good nick despite being previously wrapped. Not too sure about the wing styling though. Clearly mimicking the Granturismo, but that my only concern.
As for the number plate, that can always be sold.

CatmanV2

Looks jolly nice. Tinted rears? Are those door handles black as well?

Are you going to get any sleep until Friday? :)

C

Contigo

Sponsor
Yep considering they are Pininfarina Vents they have no place at all on a Giugiaro car :D

GeoffCapes

If memory serves me correctly this was the one that had a Matt dark grey wrap on it with a few decent mods on it.
I'm sure there's a thread on it on here. I think that the summary was that there was a nice car underneath.

And by the looks of it we were right!

Ewan

It appears they forgot to take the grey wrap off the door handles, sills and wing mirrors. Strange. But you can around to that yourself I trust.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
It appears they forgot to take the grey wrap off the door handles, sills and wing mirrors. Strange. But you can around to that yourself I trust.

If not to your taste, the vents and window tint can at least peel off too!

midlifecrisis

If not to your taste, the vents and window tint can at least peel off too!
Glad I'm not the only one. Needless to say that originality go a long way.
If everyone was buying again, which mods would put you off a car? A wrap? Tinted windows? Maybe a stuck on bodykit?

alpinatom

If memory serves me correctly this was the one that had a Matt dark grey wrap on it with a few decent mods on it.
I'm sure there's a thread on it on here. I think that the summary was that there was a nice car underneath.

And by the looks of it we were right!

You would be right Sir, I found an eBay link fo the car last year with a Matt grey wrap on it. It looked like it was sold for £10k which is less then I bought it for but it looks ten times better without the wrap. But yer cannot wait !

alpinatom

Just a sports exhaust but not sure what make it is. It sounded like a larini but not sure. Undecided whether to take of the vents now or not !

GeoffCapes

It's your car. It's up to you.

If you've not got one I'd thoroughly recommend getting a H pipe. For £200 it's the best exhaust mod there is.

alpinatom

Finally picked her up, had her a few days, spent a fortune on petrol already! so much fun tho! Some pics at Ashridge Forrest in Herts.

Need to take of the old wrap on the mirrors and lower side skirts at some point

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender 7.jpgFullSizeRender 4.jpgIMG_8314.jpgIMG_8311.jpg